3.2

Eventually we all met up with Rosita who was showing us the sad sight of our last accessible bridge in the trade-road, which has been destroyed by a big heard that we were unaware of. The damage even severed a huge portion of our communications system as it took our walkie repeater, just to add insult to injury.

We all jumped off our horses, my hands loosed and the reigns as I came off. It took my a while to get use to riding a horse, I never did it before the end of the world so it was a whole different experience. I promise myself that when CJ is old enough I'd let him do it too.

"We can get to Alexandria from this side." Michonne suggested. "Stay there until it passes."

"No." Maggie denied. "Route A has taken days to clear before. I need to get home Hershal."

"You sure? CJ would love to see his Aunt Maggie." I asked whilst untying the bandana from my hair (that I took from my dad) and ran my fingers through my short hair.

I decided to do it a while ago, mostly so CJ would stop grabbing my hair, but also so I could finally embrace myself a bit and bring out my youth. I kept it in a short braid instead of my old ponytail, regardless of what people thought. I wanted a fresh chance to live life with my new son.

"Judith too." Michonne pointed out with a nod at me

"Sorry guys." Maggie shook her head.

Rubbing my scalp thoughtfully, I thought of a different way. "It's early enough to take Route D right?"

Rick sighed and looked at the broken bridge before he turned to Rosita. "Keep an eye on the trade road incase anyone else tries to move through."

"Gabriel," Rick continued. "Y'all can head back to Alexandria from here. The rest of us, we can go to Sanctuary or Hilltop, stay the night, and head on from there. Take care. Get home safe."

I nodded at Gabriel to let him know I'll be joining him to Alexandria, but wasn't swift enough to evade Rick's notice. He approached me from the side of my horse, as I climbed back on it.

"Do you think you'd be able to help us get this stuff to the Sanctuary?" He asked and brought his horse besides mine.

"I don't know.." I thought. "I gotta get back to CJ.."

"I can take care of CJ while you're gone. If that is okay with you of course." Gabriel perked up and I tilted my head to think.

"We could use the help, it's a big load." Rick added, I eventually gave it and went with them to pull the load.

"Thank you Gabriel." I nodded to him.

"It's risky, we've seen herds run through bigger things than this.." Michonne pointed out, rejecting the fact that would should leave the load.

"We can't afford to leave this out here." I said.

"We can swap out the horses. Split up take them out in the clear." Rick explained while seeing to his horse. "Give them a rest while we can see what we can do about the trailers."

As the wagons got stuck in the mud, we decided to try to pull it out altogether, which was definitely as hard as it looks. I was pulling one side with my dad, and Rick and Michonne was on the other part.