1.13

The next morning, we all met back up to see Ezekiel again to hear his decision.

I met back up with dad first, knowing we could easily be separated soon hurt me. I wanted to spend as much time with his as possible, Carl stood beside me too.

"This is life here." He said. "Everyday. But it came at a cost, and I wanted more of this. I wanted to expand, to create more places like this. Men and women lost their limbs. Children lost their parents because I sent them into battle against the wasted when I did not need to."

"This is different." Rick said, my heart sank. I could almost hear everyone else's drop too. It was obvious that Ezekiel wasn't going to help us.

"It isn't." Ezekiel said.

"It is." Rick insisted. "The dead don't rule us. The world doesn't look like this outside your walls. People don't have it as good. Some don't have it good at all."

"I have to worry about my people." Ezekiel stood his ground, Rick gave us and turned around to join the rest.

"You call yourself a damn king." My dad snapped. "You sure as hell don't act like one." I nudged him in the rib. "Don't!" I muttered. But it was too late, Ezekiel approached.

"All of this came at cost. It was lives, arms, legs." He looked at me with sadness in his eyes before turning to Rick. "The peace we have with the Saviours is uneasy, but it is peace. I have to hold onto it. I have to try. Although the Kingdom cannot grant you the aid you desire, the king is sympathetic to your plight. I offer your friend Daryl asylum for as long as he requires. He will be safe here. The Saviours do not set foot inside out walls. "

I frowned over looked at my dad, I knew bad things were coming soon but I didn't expect them too come so quickly. I couldn't leave dad as soon as I found him again.

"How long do you think that's gonna last?" My dad asked before walking off. "Alright open it up, we're gone." He called out as the group approached the gates.

"You're not." Rick said. I turned around confusedly.

"I ain't stayin here." Dad gritted.

"You have to." Rick replied. "It's the smartest play you know it is. Try to talk to Ezekiel, or...stare him into submission, whatever it takes." He placed a hand on his shoulder. "We'll be back soon."

"If he's staying then I will too." I stated and stood my ground but Rick shook his head and Carl perked up into the conversation. "You can't Lilia."

"You can't seriously leave him here and expect me to be okay with it?" I asked.

"It's the safest place for him, when Negan finds out you and Daryl are gone he'll suspect something about us all." Rick explained with a hand on my shoulder.

I sighed shakily, I had just got my dad back and now I have to leave him again.

"I'm sorry dad.." I spoke up, without hesitation my dad pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay, I'll see ya' soon. This ain't forever Lils." He whispered and I nodded shortly before letting go.

I could tell he wasn't happy with the arrangement, but nonetheless he had to put up with it for the sake of the group.