3.4

The light was constantly shining in my eyes, it may have been annoying but since it was Enid I didn't say anything. I never thought Enid to be a person to want to become a doctor, but lately she had been quite good. I was currently holding a cloth up to my nose to stop the blood, and a cold pack to my head.

"Have you ever had a concussion before?" Enid asked and turned off the flashlight.

"When I was like five and dad pushed me off the swing." I shrugged.

"You fell." He said.

"I can't be too sure but I think you have another one. If you experience nausea or dizzy spells then you should rest." Enid replied.

"Doing nothing is the last thing I wanna do." I complain. "Also having a 10 month old son means you get no rest."

"Well start getting some, use it as an excuse. Over-working yourself can cause more damage." She stated.

"Yes nurse Enid." I saluted. "No fighting people double the size of me."

"No fighting at all." She grinned while pointing.

"Alright, you got it boss." I said while standing up. "Look at you being all nurse-y and shit, I'm proud of you E."

"Thank you." She said smiling. "Now go."

"Come on, Rick wants to see us." My dad said.

As we were walking to Rick's tent I looked up at my dad. "Are you mad?"

"For what?" He asked.

"Fightin' Justin."

"Nah, I'm mad at him. I'd never be mad at you for sticking up for yourself." He replied. "I just don't like you getting hurt more than me."

"You the one who got sand in your eyes and used as a personal punching bag." I insisted. "Because of me."

"Nah, don't blame yourself." He replied as we ducked into Rick's tent.

"What's the punishment Uncle Rick?" I asked.

"Nothin'." Rick answered. "We're lettin' him off."

"So that asshole just gets a free pass?" Dad snapped. "Is that it?"

"It's just a few more days." Rick responded.

"He gave Lilia a concussion." He snapped again.

"He talked shit about my son!" I argued.

"I don't like it either, but we're in a rush to get all that work done." Rick explained. "He's strong. The Saviours are over half the work and we've had too many walk off already."

"Yeah, 'cause that's who they are." Dad shot back. "Some of 'em ain't ever gonna fall in line just 'cause you say so."

"These people have never had to live together or do their own work. We can't expect them to forget what's happened and fall in line." I agreed. "Dad's right."

"It hasn't been easy, I know." Rick signed deeply. "It won't be, not for a while, but it's not about forgetting. It's about moving ahead, all of us, together. We keep doing that, they'll see we're all on the same side."