3.1

9 more months later, Negan was still defeated. 18 months in total Negan hadn't had any power whatsoever.

Trade links were established and still going strong, peace was found among everyone. Lilia's dad had moved near the Sanctuary to oversee things, keeping in touch regularly.

Alexandria had began to rebuild more, which sprung hope for a better future. That's what Lilia wanted. That's what everyone deserved, that's what she had hoped every since Carl..her pregnancy and the birth of her son. Named after his father.

Baby CJ had grown perfectly and healthily, almost bigger and bigger by the day. He was already 9 months old, crawling and bum shuffling everywhere. He never failed to amaze everyone. He babbled a few times but never said any sentences, yet.

It amazed everyone when he said his first word.

CJ had been sitting on the ground, playing with a few toys with Judith. They were inseparable already. He was playing and throwing things happily while Judith laughed and ran circles around him.

I loved seeing Judith with her little nephew, she didn't know what a nephew was so she continued to call him her little brother. Which everyone found quite cute. It wasn't hard to tell that everyone adored their bond.

Michonne was making some food near the kitchen island for the kids, I was sat on the floor next to CJ. "Can you say mama? Say mama?"

"He was close to saying dada earlier." Michonne said. "My money is on dada."

"Nah, he loves his mama." I smiled and looked at Michonne before turning my attention to Judith who was spinning. "Careful Judy."

I went to go and grab Judith from spinning herself to death, while doing so, CJ tumbled over after trying to use the couch to stand up. "Fuck, I gotcha."

CJ giggled. "Duck!"

I stopped moving, Judith stopped spinning and Michonne stopped making food. I looked over to Michonne in relief as CJ repeated it happily. I burst out laughing and so did Michonne.

"CJ! You said your first proper word!" I stood and lifted him up into the air and he giggled.

"CJ spoke!" Judith cheered.

"Say it again. Say...duck!" I repeated.

"Fuck!"

Michonne dropped her cutting knife on the board and snorted. I turned around to look at her, my mouth had dropped. I started laughing when I saw Rick with his eyes wide.

"Only your kid's first word would be damn swear word." Rick commented.

"He's your grandson." I smirked as CJ aimlessly giggled and Judith ran to her dad. "If Carl heard that he would've killed me."

"Which is why I'm still in the running for him to say grandpa first." He said, walking towards me while CJ was in my arms.

I carefully gave CJ to Rick, who bounced him on his side. "Wave bye-bye mama." He picked up CJ's small hand and waved it.