1.4

I felt my breath hitch in my throat as the bat stopped with the final 'it.' landing infront of Abraham...

As soon as he realised he has been chosen to be the victim to face the bat's wrath, he sat up a little bit straighter. If he was going, he was going with dignity, defiance and welcoming it without giving Negan the satisfaction. No fear, just a last act of bravery, which I will always know him for.

Negan smiled whilst I felt sick. "Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye and feed it to his father and girlfriend, and then we'll start! You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry, you can hold your lover's hand for dear life.." He said with an evil grin towards Carl and I. "Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

I may have been looking away from Abraham, but it didn't stop me from hearing the sickening cracks that came with the bat being brought down on his head, the force of the blow knocking him to the ground. I choked on a gasp as I leaned away and Carl brought me close. I watched Abraham push himself upright with the last of his strength, blood gushed down his face, into his eyes and matted his hair.

"Oh!" Negan exclaimed. "Look at that! Taking it like a champ!"

"Suck. My. Nuts." Abraham growled.

Negan groaned before hitting him again, but this time Abraham didn't get up. I squeezed my eyes closed, as tears came out. Feeling a hand slide across my back and I grasp Carl's hand. I look up and follow the hand to Carl's face, tears sparkling in my eyes at the sound of Abraham being beaten to death made me flinch at every hit of the bat.

I couldn't bring myself to watch, it was just too much and I couldn't bear to see the gruesome death of once a friend and a good man, who didn't deserve this. None of us deserved this.

When he was finally satisfied, Negan stood up. "Did you hear that? He said 'Suck my nuts'. Phew," he laughed as if he was victorious before hitting Abraham again for good measure.

I looked down at my hands and there were droplets of blood, as if it was taunting me.

He stood up once again. "Oh my goodness! Look at this!" He swing Lucille in a circle, splattering blood across mine and Rick's cheeks. "You guys, look at my dirty girl!" He approached Rosita who was struggling to keep it together, after witnessing the cruel death of her ex. Despite them not being together I knew she still cared.

"Sweetheart, lay your eyes on this." when she didn't look, Negan gasped, gesturing between her and Abraham's body with his bat. "Oh damn, were you... were you together? That sucks." He said before looking over to Carl and I again once more. "I hope one of you two don't end up like this, that'd be a real shame." He looked back towards Rosita. "You should know, there was a reason for all of this. Red, and hell, he was, is, all will ever be Red, he just took one or six or seven for the team. So take... a damn.. look," He then shouted, "Take a damn look!"

My dad then moved too fast for one of us to stop him, but I managed to cry his name out when he lunged at Negan but got punched square in the jaw. "DAD! No!" he was forced to the ground as I cried out for him. "No! Leave him alone! Dad!" I pushed myself up from my knees, intending on getting up despite Carl trying to pull my hand back. "No!"

"No!" Negan roared, approaching me and pointing Lucille at my face. I backed down as I was suddenly faced with his bat covered in the blood of my friend, watching my dad get restrained. "No. Oh, no."