1.15

Rick arrived to Hilltop, finding my dad and I there. At first, he was confused to see my dad and I, but after explaining he understood. He revealed he's found whereabouts on more guns, thanks to Tara.

She said she had kept a promise to these new people, but unfortunately it had to be broke. They had guns that we needed terribly.

We were going to a place called 'Oceanside.'

A lot of Alexandrians and people from Hilltop came, including Jesus and Enid. I met back up with Carl too.

We travelled by boat, by Tara's guidance, and on marshland to reach the outer edge of the forest that lined up against the coast. Rick held a map. Everyone had a large rifle or shotgun in their hands. We were also using the explosives we recovered on our way home a few days prior. We were going to trigger them outside the camp, to force them into the woods where they would meet our forces. Hopefully nobody gets hurt.

I walked with Carl and Enid until we got into our positions, Tara infiltrated the community, and everything started.

The first bomb went off. I almost jumped when I saw the flames and spoke dissipate into the sky. Gripping my rifle, Carl, Enid and I met up with a small group of Alexandrians who met up with fleeing Oceanside residents running into the forest.

"Everyone get down and put your hands on your head!" I yelled.

"Everybody stay calm." Carl called. "We don't want anyone to get hurt. Stay down and listen to what we say."

"We want this to go as simply and as peacefully as possible." Gabriel added. "All of you can make it that way."

Whilst looking around at the people I was stunned to realise that they were all women. Every single one of them. No men in sight. Rick, Jesus and my dad returned with two more women and Rick shouldered his gun. "Now, we made a lot of noise. We want to wrap this up quick, you can send people to redirect anything coming this way. Tara said your forests are relatively clear, so we won't take any chances. No one needs to get hurt. This is just about what you have, what we need."

"Nobody's taking anything!" A woman's voice snapped.

I turned to see a woman pushing Tara forwards, a gun held to her head. I raised my gun. "Let her go!"

"You need to let everyone go and leave right now." The woman demanded. "Just walk away or this one dies."

"Yeah, we'll leave you alone." Rick said. "But we're taking your weapons with us. That's not gonna change. It's Natania, right? Put the gun down, and let's talk about what we can change."

I looked around from person to person, Michonne was somewhere up in the trees with a sniper rifle. But like Rick said: No one needed to get hurt. 

From Tara's position, with a gun at the back of her head, she didn't look scared or angry. Not one bit.

"No. Leave. Right now." Natania ordered sharply. "We just wanna be left alone."

"Yeah, we'll leave you alone." Rick said. "Just let go of her, now. Or we'll kill you. None of us want that."

How thoughtful.