The Race Disaster

Lola was laying in her bed when she felt someone's arm around her waist, she smiled as she looked back and saw Isiah looking at her, "Why didn't you wake me up?" 

"I like seeing you peaceful just watching you breathe. Better than what I saw in France." Isiah said 

Lola smiled, "Not like there are three men downstairs who would happily kill you if they saw you up here." 

"Let's do something crazy today," Isiah said 

Lola moved to lay on her stomach and said, "Oh yeah like what?" 

"Pick out a nice dress and let me take you to the races," Isiah said 

Lola laughed, "You must be mad. That will never work." 

"It will with your name thrown into the mix." 

Lola gave him a look and said, "Sometimes I think that you're with me just to prove that you can." 

Isiah leaned over and kissed her before saying, "Never." 

Before Lola could reply the door began to open, Lola quickly moved almost on top of Isiah to hide him, "Oi! Really? John get out!" 

John covered his eyes and said, "Just to let you know Tommy is on the warpath, something has massively pissed him off and for once it isn't Arthur so it must be bad. So it might be worth staying up here that's what I'm doing." 

"Thank you now fuck off!"

Once the door shut Lola leaned back on Isiah and he looked down at her with a smile, "Races?" 

Lola paused before she said, "You're on."  

. . . . . . .

Later that day Lola walked into the Garrison and over to the bar where Grace was working, "Have you seen Arthur or Tommy. Or you know any Shelby would do." 

Grace turned around and asked, "Can I ask who's asking?" 

"Lola Gray. The Shelby's cousin." Lola said 

Grace nodded, "I'm afraid I haven't seen any of them today. Can I relay a message I'm seeing Thomas tonight?" 

Lola raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? And what are you doing with my cousin."