Lola's Family Meeting

2 years later: 

2 years later: 

Tommy cleared his throat as he was standing in front of everyone at Freddie's funeral, "I promised my friend Freddie Thorne that I'd say a few words over his grave if he should pass before me. I made this promise before he became my brother-in-law. When we were in France, fighting for the King." 

Arthur nodded, "Amen."

"And in the end, it wasn't war that took Freddie." Tommy said, Lola, turned around when she heard Esme and John's baby start to cry, "Pestilence took him. But Freddie passed on his soul and his spirit to a new generation before he was cruelly taken." 

. . . . . . . . . .

Lola walked toward Tommy, "Tom, when we get back I need to call a family meeting." 

"Since when do you call family meetings?" Tommy asked 

"Since now." Lola said, "Trust me you're going to want to be there." Lol looked over Tommy's shoulder and saw Ada, "Excuse me." 

"Ada!" 

Ada turned around and Lola was jogging towards her, "I'm guessing you're not coming back to Birmingham?" 

Ada shook her head, "I'm not no." 

"Well, then I guess I should tell you now," Lola said 

"Tell me what?" Ada asked 

Lola took Ada's hand, "It happened." 

Ada smiled, "It happened? Oh my god Lola it happened." Ada laughed as she hugged her

. . . . . . . . . 

Back in Birmingham Polly, John, Tommy, Arthur, Esme, Isiah and Lola were standing in the office, "All right Lola what is all this about?" Tommy asked

Polly was sitting down as she said, "What is it, Darling?" 

Lola stood up from her chair and said, "So as you know for the last two years me and Isiah have been trying for a baby, it hasn't been happening but...now it's finally happened." No one said anything, "One of you say something. Please."

"I'm going to be a grandma?" Polly asked, Lola, smiled as she nodded, "I'm going to be a fucking grandma." 

Polly walked around the table and hugged Lola, "I don't like Grandma." 

"Okay, then what do you prefer?" Lola asked 

Polly smiled and said, "Nana. Nana Pol." Polly smiled as she hugged Isiah, "Congratulations." 

Esme laughed as she rushed around the table and hugged Lola, "And you didn't tell me!" 

Lola smiled, "I have told you." 

Tommy walked towards Isiah and held out his hand, "Congratulations." 

Isiah shook Tommy's hand, "Thank you, Tommy." 

Arthur walked over to Lola, "I'm gonna be an uncle." 

Lola nodded, "Yeah you are." Arthur smiled as he hugged Lola

. . . . . . . . 

Isiah and Lola were walking arm in arm down the street when Finn ran towards them, "Someone blew up the pub." 

"Someone what!" 

The trio rushed towards the house and through into the betting den, "Who blew the fucking pub!" 

"We don't know!" John shouted out of his office, "Finn, come here." John waved Finn into the office, "Take the phone. Take it." 

Finn took the phone before walking out of his office, and into Polly and Lola's, "Polly did they say who did it?" 

"He's gone to the Black Lion," Polly said as she locked the safe 

John and Lola shared a look and Lola asked, "Oh his own?" 

Polly nodded, "Tommy does everything on his own." 

"Should I go to the Black Lion?" John asked 

Polly turned around, "What?" 

"Should I go there and see him?" John asked 

Polly shook her head, "No." 

"Where the fuck is Arthur?" John asked 

"Protecting the Garrison's whisky from the police," Polly said as she walked into the meeting room 

John sighed, "For fuck's sake!"

Polly looked at Isiah, "Isiah, do you mind waiting outside love?" 

Isiah nodded, "I'm not family yet Polly." 

Lola kissed him on the cheek before she shut the doors as John said, "Polly, it feels a little bit to me like things are getting out of hand." 

"So get 'em in hand," Polly said 

Lola chuckled and said, "Do you know what Ada said to me this morning? She said we all look like we work in a factory under the ground. She said we look like ghosts."

"She'll be back," Polly said 

"When?" John asked 

"When she needs us," Polly said 

Lola sat down and said, "And anyway, who the fuck would blow up our pub?"

"Five." Polly said 

John and Lola shared a look as John said, "Five what?"

"Five questions since you walked through the door. Soon you're going to have to start being the man with the answers." Polly said 

John raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Six. Because when London happens, you'll have to hold up your end or we'll find somebody else who can." Polly said 

John huffed as he walked in, "Have your fun." He said to Isiah as he walked in 

"Do your thing then," Lola said 

"Her thing?" Isiah asked 

Lola nodded and said, "Mum's got a sixth sense." 

Polly crouched down in front of Lola and put her hand on her stomach, "...It's gonna be a girl." 

Isiah walked towards them and stood behind Lola, "You think?" 

Polly nodded, "I do, have you told your father Isiah?" 

Isiah shook his head, "Not yet. He's been preaching and to be honest I don't know how to." 

"The same way Lola did, straight and direct," Polly said 

Lola looked up at him and smiled, "He's not a very direct person are you?" 

Isiah smiled as he leaned down and kissed her, "I am not." 

Thank you for reading 

LOLA AND ISIAH ARE HAVING A BABY, I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR THIS FAMILY. Remember when Isiah said he wanted a big family?

Comment and Vote