Wedding

"This better be good

"This better be good." Polly said as she and Lola walked into the house where Tommy, John and Arthur were waiting, "We've got a wedding to prepare for."

"What is it? Just us?" Lola asked

Tommy nodded as he poured them all drinks, "Just us."

"Are we celebrating because that's a bit premature," Polly said

"Just taste this," Tommy said

They all picked up a glass and drank some of it, "What do you think Arthur?"

Arthur nodded and said, "Yeah, it's good, good quality stuff, really nice. Too good for the Garrison. I suppose we could shift it to the toffs at the Eden Club. Why? What is it?"

"That is part of an export drive. We now have a secure warehouse in Camden Town and secure passage to the Poplar Docks. So, on Monday morning, we'll be sending out our first export crates. A crate of Riley car spares, bound for Halifax, Nova Scotia." Tommy explained

Polly looked at him, "Where there's prohibition."

Tommy nodded, "Where there is prohibition. All over Canada and America, people are making their booze in bathtubs. But rich people in New York, Toronto and Boston are still paying a lot of money for the real stuff. So, on Monday, the first Shelby company crates will contain a thousand Riley carburettors. But hidden in the packing will be 500 bottles of the finest quality single malt Scotch whisky. And we Shelbys, have a licence granted by the Minister Of The Empire himself, which means our crates won't be searched. And, Polly, all of the whisky will be packed at the docks, so Michael can do the books without being involved. Like I've been telling you all for a year now, motor cars are the future."

"Is that it can we go?" Polly asked as she stood up

Tommy nodded, "You can go. But Lola can I have a word?"

Lola stayed whilst the others walked out, "What can I do for you?"

"I don't have any children, Lola, so I have set up a trust fund. The beneficiaries will be John's kids, Karl, your baby and any other kids you and Isiah have. For them to benefit, I need your signature. I've set up an account. The money will be transferred in the event of my death. It'll set them up for a new life." Tommy said as he put a contract on the table

Lola looked at him, "Are you sick?"

Tommy shook his head, "I'm just doing what any ordinary man would, putting my affairs in order."

. . . . . . . .

Johnny and Lola were walking down the street towards his camp, "So, how's your life been, Lola?"

"Well, I'm getting there Johnny. I'm getting there." Lola said

Johnny looked at her, "But, Lola, really, come on, how is it? If you're having your doubts about Isiah. I have a fine-looking cousin." Johnny laughed, "He'll make your life hell. You deserve him!"

Lola hit him playfully around the head, "I am all good thank, you Johnny."

"We haven't had a good old wedding in a long time.

. . . . . . . .

Lola was pacing around the wagon, "Will you stop. It's making me nervous. Pacing always makes me nervous." Esme said

"What were you thinking when you were doing this?" Lola asked

Esme chuckled and said, "I didn't know who I was marrying only that he was a Shelby, I was shitting myself. But relax, you know Isiah, you love him you're going to be fine."

Arthur then climbed in saying, "Alrighty we are all set. Polly is giving death threats and Isiah is shitting himself so business as usual. You ready for your wedding?"

"Is this the best time to be doing this? I mean come on we got shot at yesterday." Lola said

Arthur walked towards her, "This is the best time to do this. Trust me."

"Thank you for agreeing to do this," Lola said

Arthur nodded, "Of course. Do you think I'd let you walk down there on your own? What kind of cousin would I be?"

"A shit one." Esme said as she climbed out of the wagon, "I'll let Johnny know you're ready."

Arthur climbed out and lifted Lola down, "You ready?"

Lola nodded as she took Arthurs's arm, "Ready as I'll ever be."

"Let's do this fucking thing," Arthur said

The pair began to walk down the space in between the two groups of people, Arthur winked at Lola before he let her go and stood with Tommy on the right side. Polly and Michael were on the left side Polly holding Michael's arm as they were both smiling

Lola got on her knees down on a box, in front of Jeremiah and a few seconds later Isaiah did the same, "Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony. So they can live a life of truth and harmony and togetherness."

Lola lifted her veil and looked at Isiah who smiled at her and she smiled back, "Which is sanctioned and honoured by the presence and the power of the family around us. Do you, Isiah Jeremiah Jesus take Lola Katie Gray to be your beautiful wife. To have to hold in sickness and in health until death does you part."

Isiah nodded, "I do."

Jeremiah smiled, he then looked at Lola, "And do you Lola Katie Gray take Isiah Jeremiah Jesus to be your husband. To have and to hold in sickness and in health until death does you part."

Lola nodded, "I do."

"There remains one more part of the ceremony." Jeremiah said, "Which truthfully I have just learnt about."

Lola heard people behind them chuckle she looked at Isiah, "Gypsy tradition it's fine."

Johnny then walked towards Jeremiah, "It's the mingling of the two bloods." Isiah held out his palm and Johnny sliced it then he did the same to Lola, "So the two families become one family."

Lola and Isiah turned to look at each other and they each held the hand that Johnny had sliced, Johnny stepped back and Jeremiah said, "I now pronounce you man and wife!"

Johnny laughed, "Kiss the bride would ya!"

Isiah laughed as he put his hand behind Lola's neck and they kissed

Thank you for reading

THEY GOT MARRIED Y'ALL!!

Comment and Vote