Shelby-Lee Wedding

The next day Lola was sitting at one of the tables in the betting shop writing the numbers for the horse race when she saw Isiah walk in

Before either, one of them could do anything Tommy walked in with Billy Kimber behind him and they walked into his office 

Isiah began to walk over to the table where Lola was sitting but Polly got in the way and sat down making Isiah walk away, "He's brave I'll give him that. Or stupid haven't quite decided yet." 

A few minutes later Tommy walked out and stood at the front of the room, "Gentlemen... and ladies. I have in my hand a legal betting license issued by the board of control. The Shelby family has its first legal racetrack pitch." 

Everyone cheered, Polly, got over to Tommy and hugged him. Tommy, Arthur, Polly, John and Lola went to the side of the room as Tommy handed John the license, "Congratulations there you go." 

"Actual legal money who'd have thought it," Lola said 

. . . . . . . . .

Lola walked up the stairs towards her room when she saw that the door was open, she quietly walked over to the cabinet and took out a gun. 

When she got into the room she pointed the gun but quickly put it down when she saw Isiah sitting down, "Fucking hell! What are you doing?! I could've shot you!"

"I just want to talk and I can now chase you out so don't go," Isiah said 

Lola sighed as she put the gun down and shut the door before walking over to the bed and sat down, "Okay. Lola listen to me. I love you and I love you more than anything on this Earth and you need to know that, so you never forget it." 

"Isiah-" 

Isiah cut Lola off, "Please, just let me talk." Lola nodded, "You need to know that in your soul. And if it takes me telling you that every day I will. I know that we can't get married right now but one day we will because I cannot live without you, I'm not me without you." 

"Where is this coming from?" Lola asked 

Isiah went into his pocket and took out a piece of paper and handed it to Lola, "Your cousin does have a heart." 

𝘏𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯

𝘛.𝘚

Lola looked at the note before she looked at Isiah, "So you're only doing this because Tommy gave you permission?" 

Isiah shook his head, "I would have done it anyway but this saves the risk of me being killed. Which I greatly prefer." 

Lola smiled as she kissed Isiah but they went off balance and Isiah fell backwards onto the bed with Lola on top of him, "Oh! Watch the ribs. Watch the ribs." 

"Sorry." 

Isiah smiled as he put his hand on the back of Lola's head, "Nothing to be sorry for. Now you better pick out a nice dress." 

"We're not doing anything like the races again," Lola said 

Isiah shook his head as they sat up, "Nothing like that. It's a wedding." 

"Who's?" Lola asked 

"John and one of the Lee girls," Isiah said 

Lola raised an eyebrow saying, "I thought he was marrying Lizzie Stark?" 

Isiah shook his head, "Apparently Tommy's sorted out a deal." 

"Well then, you better get a nice suit." 

. . . . . . . . 

At the wedding Isiah walked over to Lola who was standing at the side, "John tried to do a runner." 

Lola smiled and said, "The guy will walk head first into a gunfight but at a wedding, he runs. Unbelievable." 

Isiah chuckled as he laced his fingers with Lola's and she smiled

Esme got on her knees down on a box, in front of Johnny and a few seconds later John did the same, "Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony. So they can live a life of truth and harmony and togetherness."

Esme lifted her veil and looked at John before she smiled, John turned around and looked at the family before Johnny said, "Which is sanctioned and honoured by the presence and the power of the two families around us. Do you, John Michael Shelby take Esme Martha Lee to be your beautiful wife. To have to hold in sickness and in health until death does you part."

John nodded, "I do."

Polly walked over to Lola and Isiah, "I see Tommy came to his sense and did something decent." 

"Maybe he was in a good mood," Lola said 

Polly nodded, "Maybe. I don't need to threaten you Isiah you already know." 

Isiah nodded and said, "Yeah, I do. I've already had it from Tommy, Arthur, and my dad." 

"And do you Esme Martha Lee take John Michael Shelby to be your husband. To have and to hold in sickness and in health until death does you part."

Esme nodded, "I do."

"There remains one more part of the ceremony. It's the mingling of the two bloods." John held out his palm and Johnny sliced it then he did the same to Esme, "So the two families become one family."

Esme and John turned to look at each other and they held each other's hand, "I now pronounce you man and wife! Well done kiss the bride would ya!"

John looked at Esme, leaned in and kissed her. 

Lola smiled as she clapped 

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote