The New Garrison

"So you want to tell us where we're going?" Isiah asked as John was covering his eyes and Arthur was covering Lola's

Tommy was in front of them, "Let them see it, boys."

Arthur and John dropped their hands and Lola saw that they were standing in front of a large house, "I had a bit of cash left over."

Lola looked at Tommy, "Tom?"

"I was wrong when I first found out about you two, and now you're getting married with a baby on the way. You deserve this." Tommy said

Lola looked at John who was smiling at her, "What do we do with all that space?"

Tommy chuckled and said, "Well you could uh...relax for once in your life. Come down here when you need to get away. It has a garden a big one, and room for some horses. Lola, you like horses. I don't know have a piano have people over have a sing-song."

"God help the bloody neighbours," John said

Arthur chuckled, "Fuck the neighbours." Arthur walked over to Lola and handed her the keys, "Welcome home."

. . . . . . . .

Lola walked into her and Polly's office in the betting shop and sat down on her desk, "Tommy's going to find them." Polly said as she walked in

Lola looked up at her, "He's what?"

Polly nodded as she sat on the desk, "He's going to find them. He's going to find your brother and sister."

Lola smiled, "You're serious?" Polly nodded, Lola moved around the desk and hugged Polly, "Why is he in such a good mood. First, he gave, you, me and Ada a house and now he's finding Anna and Michael."

Polly pulled away and looked at Lola, "Wait...he bought you a house?"

Lola nodded, "Yeah, took me to see it this morning. It's huge, and in the garden mum I can get a horse and ride it around in the grass."

Just then Tommy walked in and hit the desk, "Well someone seems happy what's happened?" Polly asked

Tommy turned around, "Arthur fucking killed a boy in the boxing rings."

"Isiah and Finn were down there today," Lola said

Tommy nodded, "I know. You two come with me."

The pair walked into Tommy's office, Tommy walked around the desk and took out two files, "Polly, Lola, these are the files for Michael and Anna Gray. As you can see, one is white, and one is black...What you saw in your dreams was right...Your daughter is dead."

Polly nodded and Lola put her hand on Polly's arm, Tommy put the file in front of Polly but she shook her head, "Um... You do it, I can't read it."

"I'll do it," Lola said as she picked up the file

Tommy shook his head as he took the file, "You don't want to read it all trust me. After Anna was taken from you, she was put with a... With a family of a railway station master in Stafford. She never settled. So she kept running away. She got on a train to Birmingham once... Eventually, they sent her to Australia where she died of something called spring fever."

Polly walked over to the globe in the corner and looked at it, "So my little Anna travelled back across the world to be with me in my dreams? She came all by herself. Well...That's one train they couldn't get her off."

Tommy paused before he said, "But, Pol, Michael is alive."

Lola looked up at Polly and she laughed as Lola smiled, "He's in England, and I know where he lives, I went there. But, Pol... "

"And?" Polly asked as she put her hands on Lola's shoulders as she sat down

"Okay, Polly, listen to me. Just listen to me, please. Pol! The woman that he calls mother will never let him come here." Tommy said

Polly nodded, "Just tell me where he is, Tommy."

"Polly, if you go there and you get mad and she gets mad and she calls the police-"

Lola cut Tommy off, "I won't let that happen, Tom, just tell us where he is."

"They will never let you anywhere near him and the boy will get scared. That's what will happen, Pol." Tommy said, Polly walked over to her bag, pulled out her gun and pointed it at him

Lola stood up, "Woah now, mum."

"Polly. Polly-"

Polly cut Tommy off, "You just tell me where he is, Thomas." Thomas hit the desk, "Tell me where he is, Thomas!"

"Polly... Pulling the gun... Pulling the gun is why I can't tell you. Pol, I'm sorry, you're going to have to wait till he's 18. Till he's old enough to make his own decision." Tommy said

Lola looked at Polly and saw the look in her eyes, Polly threw all of the papers off of his desk, "Wait!" She walked around the desk and pointed the gun at him, "You tell me where he is!"

"If you shoot me, you'll never know," Tommy said

Polly paused before she shot up in the air, she picked up her bag and walked out of the office.

Lola looked at Tommy, "You could have handled that way better...tell me where he is Tom?"

Tommy gave her a look, "If I tell you, you'll tell her."

Lola shook her head, "I won't. Do you think I would send Polly fucking Gray to do something as high emotions as that? Not a chance in hell. I won't pull a gun on someone I don't need to Tom."

Tommy paused before he picked up a piece of paper and wrote something down, "Do not tell your mother Lo."

Lola nodded as she picked up the paper, "As far as I'm concerned you didn't tell me anything."

. . . . . . . .

That night, Lola, Jeremiah and Isiah were sitting at the bar of the new Garrison, Arthur walked over to them, "Here you are, Lola let me get you a light." Lola leaned down and Arthur lit her cigarette, "There you go my darling. Jeremiah, I'll be with you in a second."

"So we thinking baby names?" Jeremiah asked

Lola smiled as Isiah said, "Not yet Pops. Not yet."

Lola looked over and saw Polly sitting at the bar, "Hold that conversation." She stood up and walked over to Polly, "Mum? Why don't you come and join us?" Lola saw the way that Polly was looking at her, "What?"

"I'm not an idiot. He asked you to come, didn't he? I don't want conversation, I want an address. Until I have that, I've not got anything to say." Polly said, she then kissed Lola on the cheek and hugged her, "Now, it's a party!"

Lola chuckled, "Yeah, it is"

Polly looked to her left and saw a man looking at her, "Oh! And I'm going to enjoy myself."

She began to walk off but Lola grabbed her arm, "No, mum, don't be silly." Polly ignored her and walked off

Thank you for reading

Comment and Vote