Never Heard Of Him

Lola walked into the Garrison and over to the bar, "Have you seen Arthur?" 

Harry shook his head, "I haven't but you shouldn't be here Lola." 

"Why what's going on?" Lola asked as she sat down 

Harry leaned on the counter and said, "My brother in Digbeth just said the police are coming down from Deritend, in numbers. Asking for Tommy Shelby, by name." 

Lola sighed, "Shit." 

Just then Campbell and other police officers walked in. Campbell put his gun on the counter and dragged it along until the end, "I'm looking for Thomas Shelby." 

Everyone stayed silent and Harry said, "Never heard of him." 

From the side of the room, Finn said, "You'll never find him." 

Campbell walked over to Finn, but Lola stood up first and stood in front of him, "He's right. Tommy's smart, if he doesn't want to be found he won't be." 

Campbell paused before he turned to Harry, "Perhaps I should ask that question again. On your knees." The police officer behind Harry pushed him down, Campbell walked over to them and held his gun to Harry's head 

Lola looked to her left and saw some people she knew to be Peaky Blinders, she shook her head and they sat back down, "Understand this, barman, I don't care if you live or die." 

"I don't know!... He left. With the barmaid. He left with Grace...I think they were going to her place." Harry said 

Campbell moved his gun and walked out of the Garrison, Lola turned around and crouched down in front of Finn, "You listen to me. You go to Jeremiah and Isiah's. They'll keep you safe okay?" 

Finn nodded, "What about you?" 

"I'm gonna go find Arthur. Go now, Finn." Lola said and Finn ran towards the back door, Lola looked at Harry as he stood up, "You alright Harry?" 

"I'm sorry," Harry said 

Lola nodded and said, "It's okay, you had a bloody gun to your head, Harry." 

. . . . . . . .

"Arthur!" Lola shouted as she walked into the old boxing gym, "Arthur! You here?!" She stopped when she heard shuffling noises 

Lola reached into her purse and took out her gun, "Arthur?" She walked around the corner and saw Arthur hanging by a rope, "Fuck! Arthur!" 

Lola shot the rope that was holding Arthur up and he fell to the ground, "Arthur!" She ran over to him and crouched down next to him pulling the rope off of his neck, "Come on Arthur. This is not how you die. Come on!" 

Arthur sat up with a gasp and Lola leaned back on the ground in relief, "You fucker. You absolute bastard." 

Arthur groaned as he leaned on the ground, "Lo?" 

"Who else would be stupid enough to shoot you down?" Lola asked as she moved so she could hug him

"I took it. I took the money and I gave it to him." Arthur said as he held her 

Lola nodded, "I know. My counting isn't as bad as yours." 

. . . . . . . .

The next day Tommy walked out of his office and saw Lola counting money at a table with Isiah sitting on the other end writing down the numbers she told him, "Lola. Can I have a word?" 

Lola looked over to him, nodded, stood up and walked over to him, "This better be good." 

Tommy nodded as he shut the door, "Our men at the station tell me that copper is leaving town. We're in the clear. We are on our way up in the world. Believe me." 

"And you're telling me this because?" Lola asked 

Tommy handed her a piece of paper, "Because. I think it's time we made your job official. You and Polly." 

Lola read the paper, "Accountant?" 

Tommy nodded, "You do it anyway. You count the money, you make the books neat. It's your job. If you want it." 

Lola looked back into the shop, where Isiah had moved into her seat and was counting the money, "Tommy Shelby. You do have a heart." 

If anyone so much as looked at you the wrong way I'd kill them. But yes." Tommy said 

Lola smiled, "Then you have yourself an accountant." 

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote