It's Today

Lola and Isiah were laying on the bed when they heard a bang on the door and Tommy shout, "Isiah! Jeremiah!

Lola and Isiah were laying on the bed when they heard a bang on the door and Tommy shout, "Isiah! Jeremiah!...Lola!" 

"For fuck sake!" Isiah groaned as he moved off of the bed, he opened the window and leaned out

Lola stood up, walked over to him and leaned out of the window, "Tommy do you know how early it is?" 

Tommy pointed at them, "Isiah get your father. We're doing it today." 

"I could think of other things I'd rather be doing today," Isiah said 

Tommy paused before he looked at Lola, "Make sure he's done you by 9:00." He then walked away 

Isiah shut the window and then looked at Lola, "We got two hours." 

"Let's make it a good two hours," Lola said as she kissed Isiah 

Isiah picked her up and she laughed as he lowered her down onto the bed whilst kissing her 

. . . . . . . . 

"Oh for heaven's sake." Polly said as she walked over to Lola and did up her top button, "If you're going to come after what I can only assume was...activities. Make sure you look like it never happened." 

Lola sat down at the table, "What's the matter?" 

Polly shook her head, "Nothing." 

"Mum." 

Polly sighed as she sat down in front of Lola, "What do you remember about Michael and Anna?" 

"I was seven. I remember me and Michael used to sit under the kitchen table like it was our own house. I remember Anna bringing every and any small animal she found to show you...why? You never talk about them." Lola said 

Polly nodded, "I've no reason to. My heart breaks even when I think about them. But, today, I do have reason to. Anna was three, Michael was five, well, two weeks away from being six and you were two weeks away from being eight. Always found it funny you were born on the same day...like it was fate you two were going to be closer than siblings."