Buying a Horse

In the Sutton house, Lola was sitting at a chair whilst Polly was making sandwiches, "Well this is something I haven't seen in years

In the Sutton house, Lola was sitting at a chair whilst Polly was making sandwiches, "Well this is something I haven't seen in years. Polly Gray making sandwiches. You know you don't have to act like someone you're not mum. I get that you want to make a good impression but this...this isn't you. You're not the type of mum who makes sandwiches for her kids who are going on trips out." 

"I can be," Polly said 

Lola nodded, "You can be but for the record, if I eat that I will throw up so I won't be eating any." 

"You shouldn't be going," Polly said 

Lola rolled her eyes, "I'm going. I haven't done anything interesting in a while." 

Michael then walked into the room saying, "I can't believe it. All John's old things fit me." 

"Christ, you look like your father," Polly said 

 Michael walked over to the table and sat down on the chair next to Lola, "Shrimp, ham." Polly said, "Lola there is a cheese should you want it, love." 

"What was he like?...our dad? How did he die?" Michael asked

Polly looked at Lola and Michael, "Well, I won't lie to you. He died drunk, squeezed between a boat and a lock. A real river gypsy's death. But he could sing, play the piano... His smile would break your heart. Michael, You've got the same beautiful eyes and Lola has his smile. When he was sober, he was kind and gentle. His trouble was, he fell in with the wrong crowd when he was a boy." Just then they heard the car horn, "I have told them not to blow that horn." 

Polly stood up and walked towards the door, "This is a respectable fucking neighbourhood!" she shouted 

Michael and Lola looked at each other before they laughed, "She doesn't normally make sandwiches does she?" 

Lola shook her head, "No she doesn't. Hey just stick with me and Isiah today. Please." 

"Are you sure you should be going?" Michael asked 

Lola gave him a look, "Not you too for crying out loud. Just because I am making another human does not mean I have to be locked inside." 

Michael and Lola walked outside, "John out the front."