Chapter 2: You don't know me.

As I finished dancing to my favorite song, I sank down to the floor sitting criss cross apple sauce as I fiddled with my phone. As I was scrolling through Instagram, I heard a low chuckle. Looking up from my phone, I raised an eyebrow at that hot guy that's across from my room.

"Nice dance moves." He stated smugly as I smirked before responding with, "I try." As I shrugged nonchalantly. His eyes glinted mysteriously as he chuckled. I raised an eyebrow as I huffed up and walked to my window. I smirked at him with a raised eyebrow as I slammed my window shut as it cracked open again. I huffed in annoyance and walked to my bed.

As I laid across my bed I checked the time to see that it was 3:30. Just as I closed my eyes I heard my front door open and close. The familiar sound of heels clicking up the stairs grabbed my attention as she neared my room. I rolled over away from my door so I was facing the window and my mother couldn't see me.

"Lani." She stated rather harshly. I decided that she knew I was awake so I should just get this over with already.

"Hmm." I hummed in response as she sighed irritated. "Do not give me that kind of response, young lady." I sighed as I sat up running a hand through my hair and across my face.

"Yes, mother?" I breathed and she grunted in response. I pressed my lips in a tight line suppressing the urge to roll my eyes at her. "Mind explaining to me why you're up at this kind of time doing that-." She gestured to me lying on my bed as she continued, "instead of studying."

I sighed before trying to explain to my mom. "Please mom, I don't need to study every single hour, I'm already ahead of the class and I just want to have fun and be a teenager!" I breathed exhausted as she grunted again. "Oh honey, that's never going to happen." She sounded sympathetic at first then she didn't.

"Those kids are out getting pregnant and doing drugs, while you're working hard for your future." She explained trying to sound comforting. "Mom, this isn't my future it's yours!" I slapped my hand to my thigh in annoyance, about to lose my temper.

"Lani, you'll never understand the world." She shook her head. I was pissed now. "That's. Not. My. Name." I spat threw clenched teeth. She took a step back like I had just slapped her.

"Do not speak to me like that! I am your mother!" She snarled. "Then act like it!" I yelled. "Do not yell at me!" She yelled louder.

"Stop controlling my life!" A few seconds after that flew out of my mouth, I felt a stinging feeling in my cheek as my head whipped to the side. I cupped my cheek as my eyes turned to slits.

"Lani-." I cut her off. "Stop freaking calling me that! You know I hate it! God, goes to show how much you never listen!" There was another sting to my other cheek as I peered up to my mother through my eyelashes.

Her face was red with anger and her eyes narrowed. "Get out." I said in a whisper. I knew she was about to say something so I stopped her.

"Please just leave my room. I'm tired now." I stated as I rolled over pulling the blankets over me as I rubbed my cheek slowly. I heard her huff as her heels clicked away slowly. Once my door slammed shut I waited to hear her heels click further and further away. I sat up slowly as I sat criss cross on my bed, rubbing my cheek as I screwed my eyes shut willing myself not to cry.

"Stop acting like this, this is so like her, why are you even surprised?" I muttered to myself. "What an argument you had there." A voice startled me as I jumped up and looked to the window slowly.

There sat my new attractive neighbor with a blank face as he absorbed me. "What do you want?" I questioned quietly but loud enough for him to hear. "Well, if it isn't little good girl getting yelled at mommy." He cooed teasingly as I snapped my anger being taken out on him.

"You don't know me." I stated bitterly as I got up and walked to my window. "Wouldn't I like to change that. I mean we could get to know each other a little better in bed." He winked at me and I shook my head disgusted. "Prick." I stated before I slammed my window shut all the way and locked it.

I sighed turning around and walking to my bathroom to take a needed shower at the moment.

I need sleep. And some freaking alcohol. I mean alcohol numbs the pain right? At this rate by the time I'm out of this house, I'll be an alcoholic due to my mother. That actually sounds somewhat appealing.

I shook my head as I got into the shower playing on taking a quick shower so I can go to sleep. As I got out after I finished I wrapped a towel around me and walked to my room glancing at the clock and scoffed. So much for a quick shower, you've been in there for 35 minutes. I mentally scoffed as I walked to my curtains and closed them before I got changed.

I don't need a hot peeping tom.

Not that I'd mind at all.

Jk.. I would because that kid and his ego are huge and he pissed me off.

I mean who the hell did he think he was? He didn't freaking know me! God, he irritated me.

I changed quickly as I saw my bed and just about ran for it. Diving face first into my comforter I buried my face deeper into my pillow sighing and closing my eyes.