Chapter 18: It's just the hormones!

Okay, so the whole be rebellious thing was actually kind of fun, however. I'm not so sure it's for me. I was for sure starting to second guess everything as Belle, Ace, his friends and I all sit at a booth in a diner after school.

"Ya know guys, this is fun and all, but I'm not sure this is for me." I said after I scooped up some ice cream and hurriedly shoved it into my mouth. They all stared at me with wide gazes besides Ace he didn't really have an expression at all.

"I mean come on you guys, I'm a joke." I scoffed as I put down the spoon and pushed the bowl away from me and towards the center of the table. 

"You owe me twenty bucks." Belle whispered to Jake and I rolled my eyes." You guys betted on me!" They both looked up at me and Belle sighed. 

"Come on, Layne, I know you." She chuckled a little and I shrugged and sat back in my seat. My eyes wondered back to Ace's stone face and sighed. 

"What?!" I yelled exasperated. Ace just shrugged and continued to look at me in a way that made me want to smack him cause I just hate it when he pulls this shit. I gave him a look and he didn't respond besides the tick of his jaw which showed me he was pissed.

"Ace, a word." Without waiting for an answer, I stood from the booth and walked out the diner, the bell dinging above my head. I sat on the ledge and a few minutes later the bell chimed again and soon the presence of another person approached near me.

"You're mad." After not receiving a response I glanced up to where he stood against the brick wall and he shrugged looking unbothered. 

"No, Ace, I know you're pissed but why?" He sighed and ran a hand through his hair and honestly it was the most sexiest thing I had ever witnessed- stop it, Layne! God, get your hormones in check.

"I'm mad because I just got myself involved in this shit, Layne! And what for nothing? Layne, through the span of how long I've lived here, I hated you, we had a mutual understanding and then you've become my best friend. I didn't sacrifice everything I've known for you to throw this away!" 

He wasn't yelling at me but he wasn't exactly whispering either. Heaving one of the biggest sighs I could muster, I walked over to Ace and placed my hand on his shoulder and looked at him from under my eyelashes, mostly from the height difference.

"Ace, that was quite the speech. You're my best friend too and I love you, but trust me this whole badass thing I got going on, that's not for me; you're the badass in this relationship!" 

And after my heartfelt speech you know what this motherfucker did. He grunted at me in response! He motherfucking grunted. Like BITCH WUT? 

He swatted my hand off his shoulder and I gasped dramatically and placed a hand on my heart just for extreme measures and he laughed at me. I rolled my eyes and Ace sighed becoming serious.

"Layne, I trust that you can do this and it would mean tons and tons to me if you don't give this up."

"God, you sound like a girl." He rolled his eyes and had a pleading look that I shut up for five seconds. I made a zipper motion with my lips causing him to roll his eyes again. 

"As, I was saying before you interrupted with your big ass mouth." He began and I had the sudden urge to scoff, luckily held it down though. "I honestly believe in you and no not because these outfits are fucking sexy as hell, but because you got the right attitude and everything. So, if you wanna give this up go ahead, but remember. 

You're gonna let your mom win. You're not proving her wrong and everyone at school, don't you want to show them you're not the pushover whom they believe you are." At the end of Ace's speech I couldn't help but smirk.