T H R E E

After we bought my book, we went to Violet, and I told her that Grayson was going to take me home

After we bought my book, we went to Violet, and I told her that Grayson was going to take me home. She smirked and yelled out after us, "Have fun and remember to be safe!" My cheeks grew hot and glowed red all while Grayson just smirked. Smug asshole.

We walked to Grayson's truck that he had parked on the street. This time, Grayson walked me to my side of the car and gently lifting me inside with both of his hands on my waist. "Come on short stack, you can reach." I slapped one his hands on my waist and glared. "I am not going to dignify that with a response."

After helping me, Grayson shut my door then walked over to the driver's side and climbed in with ease. He started the car but didn't put it in drive and instead looked over at me with a side smile. "Wanna get coffee?"

My favorite words.

I smiled widely and nodded my head vigorously. Gray laughed then proceeded to drive off to one of my favorite spots, Manhattan. Manhattan is the local coffee shop that took me years to venture into. I had passed it once when my mom and I first moved here, but decided to go in. It was when Gray first got his license that he took me inside and changed my world. It was a quaint place with multiple tables all over and always was the delicious smell of caffeine.

Grayson and I drove in silence, with only the soft sound of Quinn XCII playing in the background. It was one of the things I loved about Grayson and me, the fact that we could just sit in silence with no words spoken between the two of us. Grayson quickly learned that I was an introvert and instead threw myself in my loneliness and he was okay with it. I think he liked the peace and quiet too.

We pulled up to Manhattan and I quickly jumped out of the truck, slightly stumbling. Grayson was by my side in a flash and grabbed my arm to make sure I didn't stumble more. "Still the clumsiest person I've ever met, angel." I gave him the look of shut the fuck up, yet he just kept grinning.

"I can't help that I am vertically challenged." Grayson always made fun of me and how much I fell. He thought it was funny yet endearing, meanwhile I thought it was really freaking annoying. A girl can only receive so many black eyes from doorknobs so many times.

Grayson opened the door to the coffeeshop for me and I walked inside, taking a deep inhale of the deliciousness. I think this was one of my favorite places just because of the feeling it brought me. It made me feel calm and relaxed. Coming in here, it feels like I didn't need to be anybody other than who I was. It's similar to the same feeling Grayson has always given me.

"Go grab us our spot by the window, I'll go order the drinks." Grayson gestured to our normal spot, which was a cozy couch sat right by the window with the sunlight streaming in.

"Ok, don't forget, I want a large white mocha-" Grayson cut me off by saying, "With an extra shot, extra white mocha, and no whip cream. Yeah, I know angel." I gave him a smile then turned around to walk to the couch. I sat down and pulled the new book I got out. I began to read and started getting lost in the story when Grayson came over with our drinks.