S E V E N

Finn decided we should meet up on Tuesday for coffee, three days before my eighteenth birthday

                Finn decided we should meet up on Tuesday for coffee, three days before my eighteenth birthday. Grayson had driven me to school Monday and today, but I told him in the car that I was going to grab coffee with Finn after school. He had stayed silent after that before eventually saying "Okay" and to be safe. I could tell Grayson was still uncomfortable with us talking about Finn, but I could always tell her was trying.

                Finn had picked me up from school and we had just arrived at Manhattan a few minutes ago and were currently placing our orders. "...And whatever she's having," I was pulled from my thoughts to see Finn and the cashier staring at me. "Oh right, sorry. I'll just have a small white mocha, extra mocha."

                The cashier smiled and told us our drinks would be out in a few. Finn excused himself to use the restroom while I waited at the pickup counter. "That's not your normal male company," I was startled by the barista speaking to me. "Huh? Oh, you mean Grayson?"

                "I don't know his name, but the extremely hot and muscular guy I see you in here with usually. Where is he at?" She looked at me questioningly. I frowned slightly. Damn, she noticed he was hot?

                "That's my best friend. Finn is my... friend too I guess," The barista smirked at me. "Honey, both of those boys do not want to be just your friend," I frowned at her again but didn't bother to reply. Finn so rejoined us and our drinks were ready. We went to grab a seat. He began to direct us to the couch in front of the window.

                "Oh, do you mind if we don't sit there? I don't really like that seat," This was a lie, but it felt wrong to have Finn sit in mine and Gray's spot. Like I was cheating on him or something. Finn nodded and sat us at a couple of corner seats.

                We sat down across from each other, both holding our drinks in our hands. "I'm happy we get to do this, Brie," Finn started the conversation. I smiled at him. "Yeah, me too. I'm sorry again for having our date cut short, I really didn't feel well,"

                Finn nodded in understanding. "It's okay, are you feeling any better now?" In all honestly, I had felt better after our date, but I wasn't sure if it was because Grayson and I finally made up. But I couldn't really tell Finn that. "Yeah, I think it was just a small bug, nothing to worry about," There, that wasn't really a lie. I had felt slightly nauseous and uneasy during our date because the fight had made me physically ill.

                Finn smiled and said, "That's good, I'm happy to hear that," I cracked a small smile, not knowing what to say. I never really knew what to do around new people because I never really felt comfortable. Finn was still a stranger even though I knew things about him, but this thing between us was new. I think it was normal for that awkwardness to be there.

                I think Finn noticed the awkwardness because he quickly started a new conversation. "So, tell me things about yourself, I feel like we spoke mainly about me and books on our last date," I let out a small laugh and sipped my drink. "What do you want to know?"