F O U R

A week had passed since Grayson and I's small fight at The Quill and things went on as normal

                A week had passed since Grayson and I's small fight at The Quill and things went on as normal. Gray slept over a couple more times since then and I spent time with Violet in and out of school. Grayson of course wasn't happy about this, but I told him hanging out with Violet made me happy. He said he would only give up his best friend time if he was allowed to stay over more. I told him it was a deal.

                It was Wednesday afternoon, with only a week or so until my eighteenth birthday. School had already let out and Grayson drove me to The Quill. He was supposed to be helping me look for books to read, but he was really just mocking the descriptions on the back.

                ""A wild night of passion for two, how will it end? Will Freya finally feel that fire inside her burn freely or will Gavin try to tame it?" Do you actually read this shit, Brie?" I shot him daggers and he help his hands up in surrender. "Alright calm down angel, how about I go grab some coffee really quick, so you don't kill me?"

                "That would be awesome, please?" He gave me a smile and kissed my cheek. "I'll be back in 20 minutes, probably even less because I might just drive over. You gonna be okay here by yourself?" I snorted. "Yeah Gray, I'm not eight." I rolled my eyes. He gave me a look saying seriously. I nudged him to go, and he quickly walked out the door. Not even five minutes later, I hear the door chime.

                "Hey Brie!"

                I turn around to find myself face to face with Finn. "Hey Finn." I smiled at him. I had been meaning to talk to Finn since our last encounter with Grayson and now was the perfect opportunity. "Look Finn, I've been meaning to talk to you. I just wanted to apologize for Grayson's behavior the other day, he just gets to be a little... protective."

                Finn shrugged his shoulders and replied, "It's okay, I just hadn't realized he was your boyfriend." My cheeks glowed red. "Gr-Grayson isn't my-my boyfriend." I giggled nervously. "We're just best friends."

                Finn's eyes lit up. "Really? That's so great because I wanted to know if you would like to go on a date this Friday?" he asked shyly, his ears slightly tinging red. My mouth dropped open. A date? With me? I glanced around me to make sure he was actually talking to me. "You-you wanna go on a date? With me? Really?"

                "Yeah of course, I've always thought you were really pretty Brielle and funny and smart too. So, what do you say? Friday night, I'll pick you up?" I nodded quickly. "Yeah! I would love that."

                "Awesome, here put your number in and I'll text you." He handed me his phone and I typed in my number quickly. "Here you go." My face was burning up at this point. I can't believe I just got asked on my first date.

                "Thanks Brielle, I'll text you and you can send me your address. I can't wait for Friday." He flashed me a smile again then walked to the backroom. I just stood there by the shelved, blushing furiously. Still standing shell-shocked, I heard the door chime and in walked Grayson.