F I V E

Today was Friday, which meant it was the day of my date with Finn

Today was Friday, which meant it was the day of my date with Finn. I still hadn't heard from Grayson after that phone call, no texts or nothing. This was the longest we had gone since we met without speaking. It made me upset because all I wanted was to be excited for my date, but instead I felt sick to my stomach.

Violet drove me to school this morning and for the entire day, I just had this awful feeling in my stomach and my heart felt like someone was squeezing it. I can't remember a time I had felt worse and debated on canceling my date.

It was 5 o'clock now and I figured I should start getting ready. I wanted to go on this date, and I just prayed that I would feel better once I was with Finn.

I walked to my closet, looking for an outfit. Finn hadn't given me any indication as to what I should wear or where we are going, so I was hoping Violet would be a huge help.

"I think you should keep it casual, but cute. Wear a nice top with some pants or even a skirt." I glanced over at Violet with disgust in my eyes. "You know how I feel about skirts, I feel like they make me look shorter than I already am." This earned me an eye roll from her.

"Fine, but this is your first date ever! You got to look good." I rummaged through my clothes and pulled out a pair of plaid pants and a black turtleneck short sleeve. "What about this?"

Violet tapped her index finger on her chin. "Hmm, not sure. Let me go through your closet and I'll pick something for you." I complied by gesturing for her to come over here and I began to walk to the bathroom to get started on my makeup. I decided to keep it pretty simple by adding some bronzer and eyeliner on top of my normal, everyday makeup. When I was done, I walked back into my bedroom.

"I found the perfect outfit for you! Here, put it on." She handed me the articles of clothing she picked out and I examined her choice. It was a pair of black leather shorts that flowed nicely around my legs and a cream fuzzy sweater. I didn't hate it.

I put the outfit on and a pair of socks and paired it with my cream boots that reached almost to my knees. I looked at myself in the mirror and smile. I actually really loved the outfit. I turned to Violet and said, "Thank you, it's actually a decent outfit." "Yeah, I know because I picked it out." She let out a laugh.

I glanced at the phone and saw that it was already 6:30 and went back to the bathroom to finish my hair. At 6:57, the doorbell rang. Violet squealed, "Omg he's here!" I flashed her a smile before making my way down the stairs and opening the door.

Finn stood there with his hands in his jean pockets. He had paired the jeans with a nice blue button down. He smiled at me. "Wow Brie, you look amazing." I blushed. "Thank you, you look good too."

"Are you ready to go?" he asked. "Yeah, let me just tell my mama bye and then we can leave."

I left Finn waiting at the door to tell my mother goodbye and give her a kiss on the cheek. She waved me goodbye and told me to be back by 10.