Tenth Chapter

Saturday 27th September
9:27am
Foster household

Hayden was released from the Hawaiian hospital the weeks prior, with his fast recovery from remembering Olivia and the twins. They brought the flight home forward one day, so they boarded at 5am on Sunday. Since then, the families had been spending a lot of time together, with Olivia and her daughters doing over at least twice a week for dinner and frequently using the guest bedrooms for sleepovers. Hayden had also spent a lot of time with Bridgette. Having found the necklace he bought for her, he gave it to her, even though he discovered she was a lot more pleased to have him back. Because of this, they see to each other at least once a day and had sex at least every two weeks.

"Hey Babe." Hayden smiled as Bridgette opened the door of his BMW and placed her bag in the footwell.

"Hey, I still can't believe Olivia bought you a car!" Bridgette sat down and put on her seatbelt.

"I know, right? I still can't believe it," Hayden said with a bright smile as Bridgette leaned over and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "You're so jealous!" Hayden laughed as Bridgette slapped his arm while she laughed.

"I have a right to be! What do I get when I pass a medical exam? Nothing! What do you get when you pass an exam? A new car!" Bridgette exclaimed.

"It's not just that! You know it," Hayden laughed.

"Oh, yeah... She wanted to get on your good side," Bridgette joked. "I'm joking!" She exclaimed when she saw the annoyed look on Hayden's face. "You deserve it! I mean, it's been a month and your memory's practically back!"

"I bet you're looking forward to your exam," Hayden commented as he changed gears.

"Don't remind me!" Bridgette groaned.

"You'll be fine Babe. If I can pass, so can you," Hayden said kindly. "I mean, what are your GCSE grades? The worse one is A-?" Hayden asked.

"You're acting like you shit! You got all A+ and one B+ and that was geography!" Bridgette reminded him.

"Come on! You're getting perfect grades and I'm barely at a passing grade! That just shows how smart you are!" Hayden reminded.

"You doing law! It's not meant to be easy!" Bridgette resorted.

"It's a hell of a lot easier than your medical stuff, like how many technical words are there?" Hayden asked as he changed gears once again.

"There's some in law as well! You're not dumb or whatever I know you think you are right now! I get what I'm learning. You don't. That's the difference." Bridgette crossed her arms and gave him a determined look.

"Sorry, I shouldn't be stressing you out," Hayden apologized as he looked at her for a second, before turning his attention back to the road.

"You're not. I don't like it when you talk about yourself like that. When are you going to see that you're smart?" Bridgette asked, with a heavy amount of annoyance in her tone.

"When I pass with a law degree in around seven years," Hayden answered with a small laugh. "I'm kidding! Just when I get my results for last week's test," Hayden answered.

"Good... So, are we having a date tonight?" Bridgette asked as they stopped at a traffic light.

"Can't- "Hayden began as he leaned over and quickly kissed Bridgette. "The rest of the family are coming over and I promised I'd help Faith with her maths."

"Well, she's chosen the right person; you got an A*," Bridgette said happily.

"Yeah, let's hope I'm a good teacher," Hayden said as he started driving again.