Twenty First Chapter

Friday 10th April
13:46pm
New home

After being assaulted at work by Daniel Foster, Hayden's relationship with Bridgette had unintentionally become rocky, with them spending less and less time together. After the attack, Hayden had become closed off and he didn't want to face Bridgette in case it only worried her more. The couple had gone from spending most of the week together to only a day if it worked for both of them, which caused them to talk over the phone or text more than in person. Even on Bridgette's birthday, the eighteen-year-old denied Hayden's offer for a date or sex, which led to him being unable to give Bridgette her presents and to wish her happy birthday over the phone. It stayed that way for around one month however the pair just seemed to drift apart, with neither going out of their way to contact the other, which led to them not talking as every time Hayden attempted to call his girlfriend, the call was always declined with Hayden's texts never delivered. Hayden had contacted both Carter and Molly and found out that they were both having the same problems. Molly had admitted that her attempts to go to Bridgette's house to check on her had always failed as her parents or sister had always said she wasn't in.

A couple of days after the assault, Hayden had told the rest of his family, apart from the twins, and with the help of his dad and Oliva, he chose not to press charges. Hayden, of course, sent a text to Bridgette telling her his decision, but he didn't receive a response.

Josh, Oliva and Hayden had spent the morning in the house they visited on the 21st February. Both Josh and Oliva had purchased the house and with a bit of discussion with the owner, they had got the home for £10,000 cheaper than the original 490,000 asking price, making it £480,000. Despite having a large amount of money knocked off, they decided to not renovate the home, as they couldn't find anything that they hated. They just came to an agreement that the money would go to getting Natalie and Faith new uniforms and leaving it for any decorations the kids would want in their rooms and on Natalie's twelfth birthday, that was five days ago.

It had been decided that Natalie and Faith would transfer to Kaylee's school. Surprisingly neither girl was against the switch and seemed to look forward to having Kaylee there as well. But to not upset the twins, they all agreed that the girls wouldn't have to change primary school.

Currently, Hayden was sitting on the couch with an energy drink he'd purchased on his way back from collecting the last boxes from Oliva's apartment. With there being no Wi-Fi setup yet, Hayden was left to drain his mobile data while scrolling through his social media and liking some of his friends' posts.

"Have you chosen your room yet?" Oliva smiled and sat down beside Hayden with a cup of tea in her hands.

"I haven't had the time. Is everything set up?" Hayden split his phone into his pocket and took a sip of his drink.

"Almost, we've just got a couple of chairs to assemble in the kitchen, which you dad is going to start after he has a break, and all of your rooms to set up and make any small changes to them... Oh and the pool still needs to be cleaned," Oliva added after a couple of minutes.

"Faith really will not be happy. She was so excited to go to the pool tonight." Oliva hummed as she brought her steaming cup towards her lips.

"We wouldn't have let her go in any way; it's far too cold for that," Oliva said. "I'm sure everyone else will be happy. Kaylee and Natalie have been begging for this for a long time."

"They're definitely the closest out of all of us, well... apart from the twins, but no-one's going to have a better relationship than them," Hayden said. He took another drink.

Oliva hummed again as she took another sip.

"Are you going to pick up the girls Darling?" Josh walked into the room with his own cup of coffee. "I want to get these chairs finished before they come home."