Forteenth Chapter

Monday 22nd December
10:36am
College Classroom

Hayden sat there with his head pounding as the words of his teacher fell on death ears. The uneasiness in his stomach that had him feeling like he was going to throw up accompanied by the blistering pain in his head that made every whisper bring him agony. He'd been feeling this way since the previous night; he barely slept with every ounce of food swallowed left him hunched over the toilet, throwing up everything in his stomach. This lead to him being unable to say anything that morning, with him starving but knowing that any attempt to eat would leave him throwing up.

Any of Hayden's attempts to concentrate was destroyed when his complete focus was on the increasing pouring in his head and cramps in his stomach. Hayden had made a handful of notes, but his handwriting and inability to concentrate for more than ten seconds resulted in them being slightly incorrect and unreadable with complete concentration.

Hayden groaned as his eyes fell into the clock; he could leave in twenty minutes.

Hayden took a deep breath before leaning down slightly to grab his bag from beside him. With the strap in his hand, Hayden took another couple of seconds to stand up. With only a handful of his classmates putting their notes in their bags and preparing to leave, the increasing agony in Hayden's head had gone down slightly without the constant talking.

He stood up and lazily put his backpack in his desk before unzipping it and putting his unreadable notes inside before zipping it up and putting it back onto his shoulder. Before he walked out.

"Hayden!" Hayden's hand instantly closed his eyes as his headache got worse as his girlfriend's voice hit his ears. "What's wrong?" Bridgette asked when she got close enough to see his expression.

"My head's killing me," Hayden mumbled as Bridgette kissed his cheek. "I feel like I'm going to throw up whenever I move. I haven't slept at all," Hayden ranted.

"Do you think you're coming down with something?" Bridgette asked gently as she hugged Hayden, who instantly buried his head between her neck and shoulder blade.

"I don't know. Knowing my luck, probably. Great right? Spending Christmas ill?" Hayden mumbled as Bridgette ran her hand through his short hair.

"If you rest then hopefully, you'll be better before then... Go straight home, Babe," Bridgette said gently.

"No. I promised I'd go shopping with you, besides I've still got some things to get for Kaylee and Oliva," Hayden mumbled. The agony when he talked was made clear by the hoarseness of his voice.

"You said you've found what you wanted online. How about you just send me the screenshots you took and I'll get them for you? We're going to see each other on Christmas Eve, so I know you'll have them in time," Bridgette said as Hayden finally pulled away. "Go home. I'm serious Hayden." Bridgette warmed with a stern look.

"I'm fine! I promised you and I'm not going back on that. If I can handle a lesson then I can handle a little shopping?" Hayden said through a couple of rough coughs.

"No Hayden! Go home and I swear to god I will drive you back myself if you don't. It's freezing, and I don't want you getting any worse. Please Love, go home," Bridgette begged as she laced their hands together.

"Bridgette, I will not argue with you-" Hayden said weakly.

"Then don't-'' Bridgette begged. "I'm not joking. I don't want you to be too ill to enjoy being with your family or spending Christmas Eve with me."

"I won't be-" Hayden began, his voice getting worse with every word.

"Yes, you will! Hayden, I know you don't enjoy staying in bed or missing stuff because you're ill, but you don't have a choice. Please Baby... Just go home and rest for today," Bridgette asked with a pleading look.