Eleventh Chapter

Saturday 27th September
5:44 pm
Johnson Household

Hayden met up with Bridgette as he promised. The pair quickly made their way back to the same hotel they stayed in three months prior. Like that time, the couple had rented a room and had protected sex, only this time, they had both managed not to fall asleep. After having sex, the pair cuddled and talked about whatever came to mind. Hayden had dropped Bridgette off at home before driving home.

"I'm not late!" Hayden said as he closed the door and tried to ignore the irritated look on his dad's face.

"I know you're not. Do you and to explain where you were?" Josh asked coldly .

"I told you, I was out with a couple of friends!" Hayden said as he walked away.

"Get back here!" Josh ordered sternly.

Hayden sighed but moved back to his original place.

"What friends?" Josh asked.

"Just Bridgette, Carter, and some you don't know," Hayden answered.

"Carter?" Josh raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah," Hayden said slowly.

"Then how come he came here and asked if you were in?" Josh asked with a stern look.

Hayden stayed silent.

"When I ask you a question, I expect you to answer!" Josh shouted.

"Yes Sir, sorry... I-I don't know what to say!" Hayden stuttered.

"You don't know what to say! Well, let's start with who you were really out with and why you lied to me!" Josh ordered, his voice cold.

"It was just me and Bridgette; I didn't mean to lie, I just didn't want you to think the wrong thing about us," Hayden quickly explained.

Josh had a disapproving look on his face.

"That gives you no reason for you to lie to me. I'm not that mad about it because you're old enough to look after yourself. I wouldn't think the wrong thing and I'm upset that you'd think that," Josh admitted.

"I'm sorry Dad, I didn't know where Kaylee was and I didn't want her overhearing and suggesting stuff about us," Hayden explained.

"I understand that, so I will not punish you for it. Just be honest in the future." Josh gestured for Hayden to leave.

"I will," Hayden promised as he started to walk away.

"Oh, and Hayden?" Hayden stopped and turned to face his dad. "You know you can tell my anything, right?"

"Yeah," Hayden smiled slightly.

"Good. Where'd you get that?" Josh motioned to the laptop bag.

"It's Bridgette's I told her what happened, and she's letting me borrow hers until I get a new one," Hayden explained.

"That's nice of her. We'll look online for one later, okay?" Josh asked.

"Okay. Thanks Dad." Josh nodded and walked into the kitchen while Hayden walked to his room.

Hayden placed his keys and wallet back into his nightstand draws. He then grabbed his revision  cards out of the draw in his desk and read over them again.

Once that was done, Hayden put them away and walked over to his nightstand to grab his current book and lay in his bed. He then opened his it and started reading.

Hayden remained there, engrossed in the word withheld with in the pages, until his paradise was shattered by two people throwing his door open and jumping on his bed.