Chapter 10

A/N: ⚠️WARNING: This chapter will include child abuse and neglect (emotional) and mental health ⚠️⚠️

(Evangelina)
I couldn't believe it! I'd hoped I would never see them again. Standing in front of Lucifer and me were my parents. The same parents who neglected me when I was a child. The same ones only care about themselves, their wealth, and their status. I was not happy to see them here.

I hope they don't want anything from me. I have not seen nor spoken to them since I was 14. The last time I saw them was at the reading of the will of my paternal grandparents. My parents were livid that my grandparents cut my father out of their will and left everything they owned: their home, assets, everything to me. My parents only care about money and status. They never cared about me.

My father cared more about his business than his own family. He was all about power, appearances, and money. My mother she's never worked a day in her life. All she did was shopping, spa days, yoga, and brunch with her friends.

My parents only cared about themselves and never paid attention to me. I didn't even exist to them except when forced to attend public and private events/parties with them. I wouldn't say I liked it. Now here they are after eight years.

"Lina? Is that you, sweetie?" Said, Dad

All I could do was glare at them. "Sweetie?" Now they want to acknowledge me.

"How have you been?" Said, Mom

Are they for real? At that point, I unleashed

"HOW HAVE I BEEN?! IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ME?!"

"Calm down, Lina, you're gonna cause a scene," Dad said

"Why?? Are you worried I'll embarrass you?! Ruin your reputation?! I don't get a f*ck!  You two would know how I've been had you called or visited me! It's been eight years! EIGHT FUCKING YEARS! Since I last saw you guys! And here we are face to face, and all you have to say to me is, "how have you been?"

"You both would've known how I been if you even bothered to call me?! But no, you two care about yourselves and money; it makes me wonder if you two even wanted to be parents."

I took deep breaths as Lucifer tried to calm me down. I could feel the tears pouring down my face.

"Lina, we-" said mom before she was cut off

"SAVE IT! I want nothing to do with you guys. You're both dead to me."

After saying that, I stormed out and waited in the limo.

"Lina, wait!" Said, Dad

(Lucifer)

When she stormed out, I immediately followed her, not before I gave her parents an earful.