𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

(Evangelina)

(Evangelina)

A few weeks had passed, and I moved back in with Lucifer. I still haven't forgiven or accepted him, but I'm giving him a chance before making my final decision. As of right now, I'm just glad to be back in his arms. The culprit that hired Sergei to take me is still out there. I'm still curious as to who it might be. Since I've moved back to his mansion, He's tripled security. He's worked remotely from home since he doesn't want to leave me alone.

Honestly, being here with him again made me feel a lot better. I began to distress. He's been very protective of me. He's been nothing but a complete gentleman and a real sweetie. He's been making me breakfast and lunch for the past few weeks. His cooking skills have improved. He slowed down the expensive restaurants and gifts, knowing I was not into all those expensive gifts. Whenever he had to go into a meeting at Morningstar Enterprises, he would take me with him, and I'd get to see how he ran things. He didn't want to leave me by myself.

The investors and partners were terrified of him, as they should be. The other employees, especially the women, fear him when he walks by, except for his secretary, who is happily married and very sweet and friendly. Her name was Millie, and she and her wife had just had a baby boy. I could tell most women who worked for his company were jealous of me because I was his girlfriend, but they didn't say anything to me because they feared him and knew what he would do if they tried.

I spend more time with Whitney, Veronica, and Stella when I'm not at his company. Eventually, Luci and I confessed the truth to Stella and Asher. Like Whitney, They freaked out. Asher fainted literally, but after explaining everything, they eventually relented, though Stella still threatened to kill him if he harmed me. Gigi, Michael's parents, Aunt Meredith, Uncle Billy, and my cousin Theodore have also visited since I was rescued. It was great to see them all again, especially Theo; he told me he was getting married. I was happy for him!

Also, Veronica informed us that she discovered multiple Chevy SUVs registered to various people in the city...and that Michael was one of them. It terrified me when she told us; it had me thinking, what if it was him who was stalking us? Lucifer was furious and made sure that I would never be alone. The palace was surrounded by Fort Knox, making it impossible for someone to break in. I don't know why Michael can't just leave me alone. I've moved on, but he can't seem to accept that. I'm honestly afraid to sleep at night; Michael's a sick, twisted, delusional bastard. I don't know what I saw in him when he and I were married.

Overall, things have been peaceful lately. Things have died down since I was rescued and reunited with my loved ones. The press and paparazzi are still mosquitos trying to get photos of Lucifer and me in public. Today, Lucifer's parents invited me to Brunch. Lucifer was handling some business downtown. I met them at Milk & Honey. Luci told me his parents want to come clean as well.

1 hour later...