Unsightly

It had been six months. Six months since the accident, Izuku was still comatose. Even with the medical sedition revoked Izuku still slept, it was believed that his body was still to weak to wake.

After all that time Izuku had been through another seven surgeries, most of them were to try and repair damaged organs and trying to fix the bones that had been ruined.

Toshinori for the first time in half a year, got to see the face of his son.

"Now, I'm going to remove the bandages. I need you to keep an open mind and stay calm okay?" Recovery girls voice sounded in front of the Yagis. She had joined Izuku's treatment at Toshinoris request, becoming the head doctor in regards to the boy.

Everyone waited in silence, Toshinori swore he could feel the bones in his hands bend from the grip Inko had on him. Izumi began to tremble as Recovery girl lifted the boys head and began to remove the bandages.

Everyone froze. Nobody could believe what they were looking at. There lay Izuku Yagi or what was left of him, his sleeping eyes held an almost peaceful look that his face did not match.

Scars laid across his skin three large ones stretched from his upper jaw towards his eye, his upper jaw in itself was a mess leaving his cheeks a mess of scar tissue. The tissue of his exposed jaw and throat had turned a dark red and shades of brown. Various teeth could be seen peaking from under Izuku's cheeks. A modified oxygen masked laid over Izukus mouth and exposed throat.

Recovery girl also lowered the blanket, shaking the family the true sight of their son. His left arm was in a cast from his fingers to shoulder, his legs and right arm were still bandaged on the stumps. The hospital gown hid most the boys other damage but they could see a sharp line peaking through the collar of the gown. It was a zipper scar from how many times they went into the boys chest to repair his lungs.

Inko gasped and held her hands to cover her mouth, Izumi was in complete shock wide eyed and horrified. Toshinori had to repress the urge to vomit.

"My boy!" Inko cried out stumbling forward before collapsing on the floor grasping Izuku's remaining hand.

"Now we, we did everything we could. However the damage to his right lung is greatly expansive. It's next to impossible for him to breath without assistance. Unfortunately....forcing air directly into the lungs is a, painful process, he will need to oxygen mask and tank for the rest of his life...." Recovery girl said looking up to Toshinori.

He clenched his fists hard blood beginning to form where his nails cut his palms, sucking sir through his teeth he shakily turned to look at Izumi. Her entire body shook in spasms and she only took very shallow breaths, she was trying her best to suppress the coming panic attack.

"I'll leave you to it for now, Toshi just call if you need anything" she lightly grabbed and squeezed his hand giving a sympathetic look as she walked out of the room.

"I, Jesus Christ." Toshinori held his head as he collapsed into a chair his eyes never leaving that of his disfigured child.

"He looks, he looks so peaceful...as if non of this happened to him" Izumi shakily said a shaky smile crossed her lips as tear fell from her eyes.

Inko began to sob, her head laid against the bed she couldn't bare to look at what her son had become.

They all sat in silence for a while just staring at the horrific sight of the boy, he raspy breathes and the sounds of the machines were the only sounds made. Toshinori was trying his best to stay calm he choked his sobs as the rage built for the world built in his stomach, 'how could something like this happen to a child!' He thought.

They sat there for what felt like hours just staring and contemplating what was going to happen now, one of them even thought how cruel it was that they were forcing him to live through this.

__________________________________
Authors note:

Hey y'all! Hope you've been well! I really appreciate the support I've been getting on this! So first up sorry these have been so short lately for the "recovery art" as you can probably tell it's a little hard to write this and keep it interesting so it's why I'm skipping a lot.

In the next hopefully two or three chapters things are gonna pick up again tho there will still be shorter chapters as I begin to get back to canon. I've wanted to try and show how each of the family members have been effected by Izuku's injuries. In the next two chapters I'll hopefully be reintroducing Katsuki and dealing with Izumi's and especially Katsukis involvement with the accident.

Stay baller y'all!