Surprise

Today was the day! Toshinori had been scrambling the entire week to make sure everything was prepared for Izukus return! He'd installed lifts on every set of stairs to make sure Izuku could get around! He'd even invited a few friends to celebrate Izuku coming home! He unfortunately did all this himself as Inko had become significantly more distant after Izuku woke up, and Izumi was never home much anymore either.

He sighed at the thought, he hated accusing Izumi of that but her actions told him all he needed to know. After Mitsuki apparently exploded on Tsukauchi for trying to talk to young Bakugo they had to wait to continue the questioning.

Shaking his head Toshinori returned his focus to the task at hand, triple checking everything! Recovery girl and some hospital staff had shown up earlier in the week to help set up Izuku's room including his bed and the various machines he'd need for the night. It saddened Toshi when he saw all the things that Izuku would need just to live a semi normal life. Thankfully he was glad that Izuku would never need to worry about money but it broke his heart when he knew Izuku never cared about money, he wanted to be a hero to help people. But now that could never happen.

Izuku hadn't slept much in the last few days, his epiphany and reignited his old habits. For the first time in a long time, Izuku felt like himself again. It was the day that he'd return home and he couldn't be more muddled on his thoughts regarding it. He was excited to be in his workshop again, excited to see his dad. But he'd have to be around Izumi, something he wasn't sure he could handle. His mother was an entirely different story, when she ran away when he reached out begging her for help. It nearly broke him, his father had been the one to save him, like he always had.

Yuna had canceled his therapy for today so that he'd prepared to head home and spend time with his family. He'd actually wished for the opposite but he went along with it anyways.

Nurses and hospital staff had help to pack up his various things, but in all it wasn't very much. He sat in his wheelchair, his oxygen mask firmly attacked to his face with the tank strapped to the back of the chair. He waited with notebook in hand currently going over his sixth rendition of what he had titled "the claw" a prosthetic to his right arm that if built correctly would work as if he'd never lost it all, in fact it would be an improvement. He almost couldn't wait to get back home For that purpose alone! His mind swiftly turned sour at the thought, Izumi would be there he didn't know if he could even look at her now without wanting to rip out her eyes. He took a deep breath the familiar dull pain in his chest grounding him back in reality. He'd noticed now that occasionally his mind would slip into dark places of agression and depression. It was something he'd have to move past eventually. He'd made a vow to himself the day Izumi threatened him, that the old Izuku. That Deku died in the crash and that he would become someone new, someone stronger, someone powerful. That he would rip and tear to do it, he would claw his way back! He would fight his way back! He'd do whatever it took! To make them pay! To show the world just what a quirkless child could do, to prove every one of the bastards wrong! Deku was dead,

long live Izuku.

Toshinori took a deep breath as he parked his car. Today was the day! All the guests were waiting at the house to surprise Izuku when the got back. He was really hoping that Izuku would like it. Rubbing his face he turned off the car and made his way inside.

Stepping inside he was met with the happy smile of Merrin the receptionist! Working his way to Izukus room he was surprised to find it empty? Aside from a few of his packed things here and there? He left the room in search of his boy.
Continuing his way through the halls he couldn't help but reflect on everything that had happened. He also couldn't get that stare out of his head, the look at Izuku had in his eyes. It made him both enormously proud for his son not letting his condition defeat him, but it also unnerved him with their intensity.