Chapter 2

"My own brain is to me the most unaccountable of machinery- always buzzing, humming, soaring, roaring diving, and then buried in the mud. And why? What's this passion for? -Virginia Woolf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The First Cut Is The Deepest)

(Season one, episode two)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tw : Mentions of Rape

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annabelle had been living in a small expensive hotel room for the past few weeks trying to find a good place to live for when she does her internship and residency. It didn't have to be big, or perfect, or anything since she'd never be home but she needed something better than what she was in currently.

It's been hours and the people in the hotel room next door keep having rough, hard, sex. Sex that continued after more then three, four maybe more very loud orgasims. Even by the time the alarm of the half asleep intern started going off they were still going at it.

Once the brunette was out of bed and got ready for work, she headed down the street to get herself a big cup of coffee so that she's sure that she can stay awake for her long shift at the hospital.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie asked Meredith as the group of interns minus Cristina and Annabelle started to make their way to the nurses station where they were going to get their tasks from their resident.

"I do want roommates, we're together one-hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?" Meredith asked as they were greeted with an exhausted looking brunette who was chugging her coffee. "Why are you so tired?" The oldest intern asked the girl.

"I'm sharing a wall with sex addicts in my hotel room. God, I need to get out of there soon." She responded, not looking up and throwing her coffee away.

"I have a few extra rooms, you can stay with me if you want." The dirty blonde girl offered, now getting dirty looks by the other interns.

"As long as we don't have to do any of that annoying roommate bonding shit then I'm in. Thanks." Annabelle said, smiling slightly at the girl and looking at the cup of coffee in her hands as Cristina started to come up to them. "Are you trying to bribe Bailey?" She asked, making the girl in question shake her head..

"Why did you let her move in and not us?" George asked. "I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I need to get out of there." The man pleads.

"It's not a bribe." She directs to the young intern who keeps eyeing the cup of coffee. "And I don't think it's a good idea." Meredith then directs the last bit to George. The debate keeps going but Annabelle tunes it out while leaning on the nurses station behind her until the group's resident comes up with their assignments.

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith and Annabelle, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures." She said, starting to go up the stairs but most of the interns follow whereas Anna stays behind and waits for Meredith.

"Dr. Bailey. I was hoping that I could assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" She asked, while offering the coffee in her hands. After the oldest intern's ask, the others started jumping in as well, annoying the resident more than she already was.