Chapter 7

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain." -Mark Twain

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The Self-Destruct Button)

(Season one, episode seven)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was early in the morning and Izzie was watching as the coffee was pouring out of the machine and into the pot for the coffee. It had been a long night with no sleep for the interns because Meredith decided to have a bit of fun.

"You get any sleep?"George said, walking into the kitchen, while rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, she could oil the bed springs as a courtesy or at least buy a padded headboard." Izzie said, proceeding to yawn from how tired she was.

"So who's the guy?" George asked, seeing if Izzie knows any information about the mystery in Meredith's bed.

"You think it was just one guy doing all that work?" The blond asked in return.

"Yeah, do you mind if I don't think about that?" George asked, face squirming in disgust.

"Oh, jealous?" Izzie teased.

"I'm not jealous." George said, quickly.

"Well, I am. But at least I know she'll be having a long day at work." Izzie laughed, but quickly shut up when she heard voices coming down the stairs and towards the front door.

"Alright I better get going before anyone else sees me. I'll try and get you on my service today." Derek said to Anna as she thanked him and closed the door behind him and slowly went to the kitchen to grab some coffee, not noticing that Izzie and George saw her with them..

"Oh, hey." Annabelle said, as she entered the kitchen.

"Hey." Izzie said, eyeing the brunette suspiciously.

"You both look exhausted. Did Meredith keep you up?" Annabelle asked the two interns in the kitchen.

"How are you so awake?" Izzie asked. "Did you join in on the fun?" She continued, her tone a little bit dry and rude for the last question.

"First of all, it's called earplugs, I thought that it might be a good idea to have them just in case someone decides to have mind blowing sex." Anna explained in an irritated voice, looking at Izzie with a glare. "And second of all, no." She finished walking away and yelling as she opened the front door. "I'm just going to grab a coffee on my way to work."

"I still think they're both sleeping with him... I mean have you seen the amount of surgeries she's been on with him?" Izzie says, huffing and sipping her coffee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little later all the interns arrive at work. Having Anna alone in her car, Meredith, Izzie and George in Meredith's car and Cristina on her motorcycle.

"Yikes, wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley." Meredith said, looking at Cristina as she took off her helmet.

"Right back at ya." She asian women responded, turning to look at Anna who was currently getting out of the car. "Is it just me or does Annabelle look extra scary today?" She asked the group.