Chapter 4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist." -Louis Nizer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(No Man's Land)

(Season one, episode four)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being a woman is hard. No matter what way you look at it. Women are told from the beginning that they will most likely never claim the same amount of power as a man will. Women are told to sit still and look pretty. They are told to wear a pretty dress that looks flattering to their form but doesn't show too much so that they don't look like a slut or a whore. If they speak up for themselves or speak too loudly or boldly they will be seen as unladylike but the truth is, no matter what a woman does, it will always be ladylike because she is a lady and more importantly she is a woman.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both Izzie and George are in the bathroom arguing when Annabelle runs into the room in her black bra and underwear and goes to look under the sink for a tampon but does find any in sight. She sighs and closes her eyes in frustration. She had thought that she had gotten a new box the week before when it was her turn to do the grocery shopping, but now it seemed like they had somehow run out.

"George, we're out of tampons." The brunette girl said as she stood up. George looked at her with a look of confusion drawn onto his face.

"Why are you telling me?" He asked. She then turned to look at him with a bored expression.

"Because it's your turn to go to the store and get the groceries. And now, tampons are on your list." She responded, starting to walk out of the bathroom before she stopped at the door and turned to look at him. "Oh, and you better get them, otherwise I'm going to make sure I lay on your bed naked and just let the blood flow." Annabelle said in a serious voice before walking back to her room to get reading for the day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You don't understand. Me gonads, you ovaries." George said to Annabelle as they all got out of the car.

"Actually I do understand. You think that just because you're a man means that you can't get menstrual cycle products. I mean come on George even my ex boyfriends and brothers, who are younger than you, got the necessary female hygiene products, plus a few add ons. Grow a pair, and if not for me then for you." Annabelle replied, walking with the girls to the entrance of the hospital as George was trying to catch up to them.

"I am a man! I don't buy girl products! I don't want you walking in while I'm in the shower." He paused and turned to Izzie. "And I don't want to see you in your underwear." George continued to complain.

"It doesn't bother me, ok? Look at me in my underwear, George. Take your time. It's no big deal." The former model said, clearly irritated with the male. All the women started walking towards the elevator and George stood still, huffing.

"George, if you don't start helping your roommates out by simply picking up some tampons then I pity your future girlfriend." Annabelle said, clicking the number of the floor that they need to go to before the elevator doors closed.