Chapter 6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane." -Graham Greene

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(If Tomorrow Never Comes)

(Season one, episode six)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is short, and not everyone knows what it means. But Annabelle knows. She knows the meaning of life and just how short it actually is. It was an easy thing to learn when she was stuck in the hospital at the age of thirteen.

Being stuck in the hospital for a long time with something that can be fatal if not treated as fast as possible, can make someone try to live as much as they can when they are feeling better.

Most people would go traveling or try something that they're terrified of. But, unlike most people, Annabelle put that will of living her life to the fullest into something productive and something that can also help others live their life to the fullest. And that's why she's going to make an amazing surgeon one day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cristina, you're late." Bailey told the late intern who was accompanied by an also late Meredith. The interns and their resident were walking down the hall, doing rounds and making their way to their first patient of the day.

"So is Meredith." Cristina replied, trying to get Bailey to tell the dirty blonde the same thing, but she didn't.

When the resident and interns stop in front of a door the resident speaks up once again. "When we walk through this door, you will maintain decorum. You will not laugh, vomit or drop your jaw. Are we understood?" She asked, looking at all of her interns, knowing that they can hardly keep their face and lips from moving.

When nobody answers she opens the door and the interns start walking into the room, one by one.

"Why would we laugh?" Izzie questioned.

"Oh, just you wait." Alex responded, looking at the blonde with a big smirk on his face.

"Good morning, Miss Connors." Bailey said, greeting the patient in a friendly and respectful way.

"Good morning." Miss Connors, the patient replies. She's lying in the bed with what seems to be a giant tumor on her abdomen.

"What is it?" George asked, looking at the tumor.

"A tumor." Cristina replies with a small almost unnoticeable smile on her face.

"Good morning, Annie. How are you? This is doctor Bailey and these are my fellow interns." Alex says with a big smile on his face and a weirdly friendly tone to his voice. Annabelle sent a friendly wave to the patient with a small smile.

"Dr. Karev, we refer to patients as mister-" Dr. Bailey started saying but got interrupted by the patient.

"I told him to call me Annie. Miss Connors makes me feel old and fat, which I am, but why feel that way?" Annie said, with a small smile on her face, making doctor Bailey faked a smile at her, not liking being interrupted.