1, 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵

"Look at her," Penelope breathed out

"Look at her," Penelope breathed out. Her statement had been directed to Elle, though her gaze hadn't left Luna since she arrived at the cafeteria. "She just looks so pretty and perfect. It's like God is mocking me right now. Pointing down at me and laughing at my pathetic pining."

"At least you're self aware." Elle jokes, glancing up from her phone momentarily to smile at the girl before looking back down.

Penelope didn't respond to her comment, choosing to ignore it and finally moved her gaze away from the beautiful brunette. "Who're you texting? Tao? Is Charlie with him?"

"Yes," Ella answered as she finished typing whatever it was she was saying. "Tao says Charlie has a crush on a rugby player in his form."

"No way," Penelope said, her eyes widened before she stood up and quickly moved to sit next to Elle instead of across from her as she looked at the texts shared between the two. "Aw, now poor sweet Charlie will be almost as miserable as me."

"Almost?" Elle questioned.

"Well, yeah. For one, he hasn't been crushing on them for years, and secondly maybe the guy he likes doesn't have a girlfriend." Penelope had now grown bored of the texts shared between Tao and Elle and had now been focusing on reading the list of ingredients on her orange juice. "I thought orange juice didn't have any sugar in it. 7 whole grams is a lot for a juice squeezed from something that is gross from the ground."

"Since when are you so worried about sugar? And there's a good chance that Charlie's crush is straight, that would be a pretty painful crush." Elle's nose had scrunched up slightly at the first question, something that made Penelope smile.

"Trust me, I know. I'm not worried about the sugar, I just feel betrayed. I thought it was sugarless."

Elle laughed at the girl's response as she glanced over, seeing that Penelope had once again been staring at Luna.

Suddenly, the two girls who hadn't been paying attention heard a voice clearing in front of them, making the two of them look up to see a teacher standing in front of them with a disappointed look. Elle quickly stuffed her phone into her pocket, but it had already been too late.

"Is that a phone, Elle?" She asked.

"She doesn't speak English, sorry." Penelope replied for Elle, earning a pointed look from the teacher. "No hablo ingles."

The teacher turned away from her, ignoring her comment and looking at Elle. "Well?"

"Um," Elle hesitated before the teacher held out her hand, waiting for Elle to hand her the phone. "Yeah."

Elle passed over the phone. "We don't make exceptions. Even for new students. You can have this back from reception at the end of the day."

As soon as she was gone, Penelope turned to look at her friend. "Sorry about that. I probably should've warned you about it."