6, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭

Penelope wouldn't say she had a bad family, she just didn't have a very big one

The only guardian she had in her life, and the only person she lived with, was her aunt. Her aunt did everything possible to show Penelope the love that she deserved to be shown, and it did make Penelope feel appreciated, but it felt more like her aunt was her roommate rather than her family most of the time.

That's why she spent so much time at Charlie's house with him and his family. They felt more like her family than anyone else.

Which is exactly why instead of crying in her aunt's arms after hearing what Luna told her, she turned to Charlie instead and cried in his arms while laying on his bed with him.

"I'm not even crying for myself." She told him as she buried her face deeper into his shoulder. "I'm crying because she doesn't realize how absolutely amazing she is and I hate that. I just wish I could give her the world so she could realize how much she's worth."

Charlie's eyes had started to tear up when Penelope first came to him because he so rarely saw her like this and it hurt so much when he did see her this way. She tried so hard to hold herself together around everyone and focus on their needs first so when she broke down, it was always so much more painful.

Charlie had no idea what to say at this moment. He was so worried that nothing he said could make her feel better, so he remained silent. He just allowed her to take as much as she wanted while holding her close.

"I'm sorry for just showing up and dumping all of my issues on you." She told him. That was the issue with Penelope. Even when she was just being a normal human being she felt like she was being a burden on everyone.

"You don't have to apologize for expressing emotions like a normal person." Charlie whispered to her, almost like he was worried that she would break if he spoke too loudly. Penelope hated that. She hated when people treated her like she was going to shatter at any moment.

"I don't know why she pulls away so much. Why can't she see that she deserves better than Harry?"

Charlie hesitated for a moment, once again worried he would say the wrong thing. "I don't know."

Isaac, Charlie, and Penelope were all collecting mugs of hot chocolate in the kitchen, while Tao and Elle waited for them in Charlie's bedroom.

It had been Charlie's idea to invite them over so they could all distract Penelope from the Luna fiasco, though he didn't tell them that was the reason since they didn't know.

"Where are the marshmallows?" Penelope asked as she turned her head to look at Charlie. "Hot chocolate without marshmallows is just pathetic brown liquid."

Both Charlie and Isaac laughed at her words before Charlie opened a cabinet and pulled marshmallows down, handing them to Penelope.

Penelope put a handful into everyone's cup before grabbing her's and Elle's, leaving Isaac and Charlie to grab the other three.