2, 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩

"Are you feeling okay?" Penelope asked him

"Are you feeling okay?" Penelope asked him. She had been dying to tell him about her very short, but to her perfect, interaction with Luna, but she refused to talk about herself until she was sure Charlie was okay.

Charlie laughed shortly, his attention mainly focused on his phone while still listening to Penelope. "You already asked me like five times."

"I know," Penelope responded, a far off look had now taken over her face as she began to wonder if she had somehow overstepped or annoyed him by asking the question so much, despite only wanting to make sure he was okay. "I just want to make sure. I don't know what happened, and I don't need to know, I just want to be sure you aren't just saying you're okay and then showing the exact opposite. I want to make sure you know you can talk to me."

"I do know that." Charlie told her, turning to fully face her so she would know he had her full attention. "I'm okay. I swear."

Penelope hesitated for a moment before brightly smiling and moving from her lying position on the bed to sitting up straight. "Good, because guess what?"

"What?"

"Luna talked to me!"

Charlie's face immediately brightened into a big smile, sharing equal excitement with the girl. "That's amazing! What did she say?"

"She asked me if I had the homework answers in fifth hour. I know it isn't much, or a very big accomplishment, but it still felt a step closer. At least she's talking to me now. I mean, before now she hadn't even said a word to me since we kissed during spin the bottle three years ago." Penelope explained the conversation as if Charlie hadn't understood her excitement over the small things. That was something they had in common. The smallest act would send them into a frenzy over whether or not this person liked them.

"That sounds great." Charlie told her. Penelope couldn't tell if he was being serious or just saying that to be supportive of her. Either way, she appreciated it.

"The only thing in the way of us getting married one day is stupid Harry Green. I don't understand how she could date a guy like that. She deserves so much better."

Charlie didn't say anything for a moment as he realized that he had been sorta dating a guy like that, whether it was secret or not. Ben was known to be nearly, if not just as much, of a dick as Harry. "Maybe she doesn't realize she deserves better."

Truth was, Charlie had wanted to tell Penelope about his secret relationship with Ben while it was going on, but there were two things stopping him. For one, Ben had asked him not to tell anyone, and Charlie respected that. The second thing had been how worried he was that she might look at him differently for dating a guy like him. Even though he saw the way she still pined after Luna and thought the world of her despite the fact that she was dating Harry Green.

Penelope looked over at Charlie when hearing his response. There was something in his voice, something that really sounded like he was more trying to convince her of himself rather than Luna. "Well, if she doesn't, then she's totally blind. She's absolutely perfect just the way she is and she deserves to be with someone who would truly appreciate her."