9, 𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯

Alright," Penelope started before dumping over twenty containers of nail polish onto her bed next to where Luna was sitting

Alright," Penelope started before dumping over twenty containers of nail polish onto her bed next to where Luna was sitting. "What color do you want?"

"Why do you have so much nail polish?" She asked instead of answering the question.

"I paint my nails a lot. I also chip my nail polish a lot, leading me to completely remove the polish and replace it with a different color. Plus I love having options and my aunt always buys me at least one container of nail polish every time it's Christmas or my birthday." She answered before repeating her previous question to her girlfriend.

"Definitely emerald green. It's my favorite color." Luna answered.

Penelope had been dressed in nothing but an oversized t-shirt and underwear while Luna was wearing only a sports bra and leggings. The two girls had convinced their guardians to let them have a sleepover at Penelope's house and they finally agreed.

"That's cool." Penelope nodded as she climbed in the bed next to Luna and took her girlfriend's hand into her own while also opening the container of emerald green nail polish.

"What's your favorite color?" Luna asked her, now curious to know.

"Definitely either orchid purple or maroon." Penelope answered absentmindedly with her main focus being on painting Luna's nails.

Luna giggled at her answer slightly. "Those are two very different colors."

Penelope nodded. "I like that they're really different from each other. They're different from each other but I still love them an equal amount."

Luna nodded along to her words as she tilted her head to attempt to get a better view of her nails. "How long have you been living with your aunt?"

Penelope hesitated for a moment, something that Luna noticed. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine. You've told me a bit about yourself, I could at least tell you a little bit about me " Penelope answered as she set down Luna's now finished hand and moved onto her next one. "I've been living with my aunt for four years now I believe. I started living with her after my parents died."

Luna didn't know that. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't known much about Penelope at all. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

Penelope glanced up at her for a second. "It's okay. I've moved on from it now. Charlie was a lot of help when it first happened. He stayed with me at my house during a lot of the bad nights and let me cry in his arms for as long as I needed. If I hadn't had him, it's safe to say I would certainly not be here right now. It was just hard losing both of them at once, you know? It was really sudden."

Luna might now have truly known Penelope for very long, but she already couldn't imagine what her life would be like without her. She nodded along to Penelope's words, suddenly wishing she could've been there for her when it all happened.