8, 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

Penelope walked to the milkshake with Luna where they would be meeting everyone else

"I'm glad you decided to come with me." Penelope smiled at her.

"Yeah, it sounded like fun. I'm excited to see you play later." Luna told her, smiling just as brightly at her.

The two continued walking for a moment before Luna gently grabbed Penelope's wrist, making her stop walking. "Do your friends know we're together?"

"Oh, no." Penelope answered immediately as she shook her head. "I wouldn't tell them when you're not ready."

Luna nodded. "You do know that I'm not ashamed of you right? I don't want you to think that's why I want to keep it a secret."

Penelope nodded almost immediately and smiled at the girl in front to show she understood. "Of course. Take your time. Coming out can be really stressful. I don't want people to be constantly knocking books and homework out of her hands in the hall just because you like women."

Luna's eyebrows knitted together as her hand reached out to grab Penelope's in what she hoped appeared to be a friendly gesture to other people. "People do that to you?"

Penelope realized she had worried her. "Well yeah, but it's nothing I can't handle."

Luna nodded before the two of them started walking again, though she still felt bad. She felt… guilty in a way for not realizing how her girlfriend was treated sooner.

Penelope and Luna certainly weren't the first one's to show up, but they didn't get there before Tao, who had now also been coming, along with Elle.

"Ok, but do you ever play film music?" Tao asked towards the four who had been in the band.

"Yeah, sometimes." Tara answered.

"Well, then it's not boring then."

"Why'd you agree to come if you thought it would be boring?" Charlie asked him, Penelope also raising an eyebrow in his direction.

"Uh, because I'm a very nice and supportive friend obviously." Tao told them.

"That doesn't sound like Tao." Penelope pointed out.

Elle laughed. "No, he came for the milkshakes and the milkshakes only."

"That sounds like Tao." Penelope nodded.

Luna slowly reached her hand over to Penelope's lap and gently grabbed the hand that had rested there and began holding it under the table. It was a form of comfort to her while she was at a place with people she didn't know.

"I said that to you in confidence." Tao said, leaning forward slightly to provide exaggeration.

"So, how'd you two become friends?" Darcy asked the two of them. Penelope smiled as her hand tightened slightly around Luna's. A way to contain her excitement over their scheme to get her friends together.