7, 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘪 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

Ten minutes later, Penelope had shown up at the park after saying goodbye to everyone at the party

Luna had already been waiting for her and was sitting in the middle of the merry-go-round. She smiled once she saw Penelope and put her phone down before patting the small space in front of you.

Penelope climbed onto the merry-go-round, making it spin a little as she did before sitting down in front of Luna. "What did you want to tell me?"

"I broke up with Harry."

Penelope's eyebrows furrowed. Only a few days ago Luna had said that she didn't think she deserved to be with anyone better than Harry. What changed her mind? "That's great."

"Yeah, it is." Luna smiled a little as she hesitated. "Listen, I need to tell you something but I want you to know that I'm not saying it to mess with you or just use whenever it's convenient for me. Okay?"

Penelope didn't say anything, she just nodded.

"I do like you a lot, Penelope, and it scares me. I have known that I like girls for a while now, but I can't tell people that, because then it would get back to my dad and then.. Well, let's just say I don't have the most accepting family."

Penelope looked at the girl in front of her. She couldn't believe that Luna had just confessed her feelings for the girl. She had smiled for a moment, but her smile dropped the second she heard the rest of Luna's explanation.

"I've tried to ignore the way I've felt about it since the party, actually before that really, but I just can't. You're so perfect with everything you do. You're kind and caring and the absolute most understanding person I've ever met and I don't want to drag you down in any way by making you date someone like me and-"

Penelope cut the girl off by leaning forward and wrapping her into her arms, allowing the girl's head to rest in the crook of her neck. Her arms connected behind the girl's back.

"You just understand everything and everyone, and I don't know how you do it. You make it look so easy."

"It's actually really hard. I always have to keep control. I can't freak out at anybody because before I can, my brain always stops me with stupid explanations about why they did what they did, and I just want to get mad. I want to be able to get mad at somebody without my brain telling me I'm overreacting."

Penelope hadn't realized how much she wanted to get that off her chest until now. It felt so nice to finally be able to tell someone how difficult it was to have this weight constantly placed on her, and it wasn't anyone's fault but her own.

Luna pulled away from the girl. A couple years had been streaking down her face, but Penelope didn't have a single tear on her face. She couldn't allow herself to cry in front of Luna.

Luna looked at her for a moment, both of them slowly leaning into each other before Luna got rid of the space left between them and placed her lips onto Penelope's.