10, 𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

"I hate Sports Day

"I hate Sports Day." Penelope complained as she re-tied her shoes for the fifth time within the past two minutes. She would be competing next in the relay race, while Luna had already finished competing in the long jump.

"So do I." Luna agrees as she remains crouched down next to Penelope, patiently waiting for her to finish tying her shoes before standing up again. "You'll be done soon though and then we get out of this heat."

"That is true." Penelope smiled. She looked at her girlfriend for a moment before bringing her own hand up to her mouth, kissing it, and then momentarily placing it on Luna's cheek. "There. Now it's like I kissed you."

Luna smiled back at her as she felt her heart swell at the simple gesture. Anything Penelope did just made her absolutely swoon over the girl, no matter what it was. "Can I tell you something?"

Penelope's eyes frowned together slightly. "Of course."

"I don't want you to freak out."

Penelope has now become concerned. "You can tell me anything. I promise I won't freak out."

Luna nodded. It was silent for a moment before the girl finally worked up the courage she needed. "I love you. I don't want you to feel like you have to say it back just because I did, I just wanted you to know."

"I love you too." Penelope smiled. She wanted more than anything to kiss Luna right now but she couldn't. "I love you so much."

Luna smiled before immediately wrapping her arms around the other girl's waist and dipping her head into the crook of her neck. Penelope hugged her back and wrapped her arms around Luna's shoulders.

The day continued on normally with Penelope and Luna spending the rest of the day with Charlie and Isaac while Tao and Elle ran off somewhere in the school.

"He did really well, don't you think?" Penelope asked Charlie as they watched Isaac compete in his chosen sport.

"I do." Charlie agreed.

Charlie seemed to be doing a lot better now than how he had been doing the other day. He didn't seem so worried about everything anymore. It hadn't been much longer before they heard an announcement over the intercom.

"Now, I know tensions are high, but it's finally time for you to sit back and watch as some teenagers crash into each other and fall repeatedly."

"What a beautiful way to describe rugby." Penelope stated before turning to look at the curly-haired boy next to her. "Aren't you supposed to be with the team right now?"

He shook his head. "I quit the rugby team."

"Oh," Penelope breathed out as she turned back to look at the field that now had many highschool boys running onto it. "So, should I be cheering for Nick Nelson or not?"

"I don't care if you cheer for him."

"Well it all depends on what decision you made." She whispered to him so Luna wouldn't hear about the private conversation they had. "If you decided to dump him I won't, but if you didn't then I will."