||31||

"Every time you have to go, shut my eyes and you know.
I'll be lying right by your side..."
- Barcelona by George Ezra.

"Alice can I open my eyes now?" Tori whined, stomping her foot slightly

"Dont fidget so much, you're gonna get yourself pricked." Alice barked.

Tori had never seen the girl so determined, it was honestly scaring her a little.

The Octavian stood in her room, Alice kneeled down beside her, sewing her dress whilst Rosalie held her hands over Tori's eyes, blocking her view.

Tori sighed, she had been stood here for awhile now.

"Trust me Tori, you're going to look perfect." Alice chipped. She and her sister, Rosalie, had found Tori a dress for the prom. Neither of them wanted her to see until she was perfectly fitted in it. Tori didnt mind the surprise, but she had only so much patience.

"Just a few more minutes." Rosalie reassured. Tori's eyelids felt numb from the cold touch of Rosalie's hands. It felt soothing.

"Im more excited to see what you both look like. I havent seen either of you in a dress before."
Rosalie kissed her cheek.

A week or so had passed since Tori had been brought to the Cullen Residence. Time had gone by so fast for Tori. She had spent the majority of that week in bed, sleeping for hours at a time, helping to speed the recovery along. Hours that she spent awake, were held with Alice and Rosalie watching reality TV together;bringing them closer. Esme and Emmett in the kitchen cooking together, and with Jasper in the home-made planetarium. Carlise spent his evenings checking up on Tori, recording her recovery day-by-day. It fascinated him how her species healed, and the rate at which they recovered. Tori didnt mind being a part of his research, happy to help him as much as he had been helping her. They had all been helping her.

Her heart felt empty with the news that Forte wouldnt be around for awhile. He had to travel to Australia, not quite disclosing his reasons but Tori understood it was important. It didnt make her miss him anyless. Tori had recieved a call from Sam, asking if they could talk. She had spent a day down at the Rez with the pack. With a lot of patience and will, they had created a treaty. It involved both the Cullens, the Cabalettas and the Pack.

Tori's home was a no-war zone. Any prejudice or bad blood was to be left at the doorstep before entering. The Cullens were welcome, as well as the pack. The Cullens were authorised to cross the treaty line if visiting Tori's home, as well as the beach that belonged to her land. The same applied to the Pack. Granted, she doubted the two natural enemies would desire to be in one place at the same time. So she advised they call or arrange when they wished to visit, just to make everyone aware.

"Helloooo, earth to Tori." Alice called, waving her dainty hand in front of her face. Tori blinked, snapping out of her thoughts. She smiled at the small girl in front of her.