||22||

"When i pick up on that smell,
pick it up and run like hell."
- Charlie by Red Hot Chili Peppers

"What do you mean danger? what kind of danger? car accident? is she drowning, being attacked, robbed?!" Tori rambled as she sped inhumanly across the meadow, her pace matching Edward's as they got closer to the Cullen residence

"I don't know! Alice saw her on the ground surrounded by a group of people." Tori felt the knot in her stomach grow as she quickened her pace. She heard movement from her left and guessed it was Jasper trailing behind. As soon as she had heard the name Bella, she was on the move. Jasper had been reluctant to let her go walking directly into danger, but one look from the curly haired girl had quickly shut him up.

Edward opened his car door vigorously, slipping into the seat in one swift movement. Tori went to follow, her hand gripped the right backseat door when a cold hand yanked her back. The door swung open with much more force than intended, causing the girl to stumble back. She turned her head to face the southerner, her frown leaving lines of frustration on her forehead.
"I don't need help opening the door." Her voice was cold and stubborn, not harshly directed at him of course but for the danger Bella was soon to be in. Jasper's frown matched hers as he held onto her arm.

"Edward can handle it tori. What if you get hurt? We don't know what could happen.  Are you going dressed like that?"

Tori gently slipped her arm out of his, her right hand opened the car door further. "Are you coming with us or not?" She slipped into the seat and closed the door behind her. A low growl was heard through the window before the vampire rushed round to the other side, sliding into the seat beside Tori. Edward slammed on the accelerate as soon as the door was closed, steering round the corner like a maniac.

The atmosphere was tense - Edward had a grip on the steering wheel so hard, the stitching on the side had began to pop out of it's seams. Tori sat cross legged her seat, no seat belt on as the speed of the car swung her side to side. Not that she minded, too occupied with controlling her nerves as the anticipation grew the closer they got. A cold hand moved to rest in her lap, and began gently rubbing soothing circles across her skin, watching her in concern. After a while of staring out the front window, tori seemed to snap out of her daze slightly. Her hand moved to rest on top of Jasper's, her shoulders relaxed slightly at the feeling of his smooth skin.

The scenery outside had switched to the dark streets of Port Angeles - the empty pavements and closed stores gave an unsettling feeling. Tori's head flung back into the seat as Edward suddenly increased the speed, turning the car down a dimly lit road. She didn't complain, she could feel they were getting closer. Edward must've picked up on her scent as the car turned down another road confidently. A growl left his lips and Jasper sat up in his seat, fingers twitching. Tori watched the pair, studying their body language when she caught the whiff of alcohol and the distant scent of Bella. The car spun around the corner, pointing directing to a group of scruffily stressed men. Tori couldn't tell how many there were but she didn't care, she could see Bella's brown hair flip round in the centre of the group.