||10||

"...As you're going to my head
And my heart beats faster, When you take me over,
Time and time and time again..." - Fantasy by Mariah Carey

Laughter and yelps of joy filled the air, as the family celebrated on the beach

Laughter and yelps of joy filled the air, as the family celebrated on the beach. The moonlight danced across their skin as they danced on the cool sand. The bonfire in the centre provided warmth and light. Tori's long curls flew behind up as she twirled to the beat of the Elder's drums, her hips swaying in time to the tambourine, a bright smile light up her face with her eyes closed in pure bliss. Forte bumped his hip with hers causing the girl to open her eyes, she smiled wider at the boy in front of her, before she pressed her back to his, swaying her hips in time with his. Tori spotted Paul nodding his head to the beat stiffly, not joining in nearly as much as the others.

She shimmed over, gaining Paul's attention as she advanced towards him.

"No, no not happening Tee." Paul shook his head as Tori laughed, finally reaching him.

"Come on Paul, it's a celebration!" She danced around him. "I can't dance..." He mumbled slightly embarrassed at admitting a flaw of his. Tori smiled as she grabbed his hands and placed his arms bent at the elbow, palms facing Tori. She placed her hands over his and began moving to the beat.

"We've all got rhythm, you just need a little guidance." He began mirroring her actions, a smile falling from his lips as they started moving faster. Tori smiled proudly as he became more confident, spinning her around a few times. The two laughed as they danced around, the sand flickering up at their heels.

A hand grabbed her arm, spinning her around and pulling her a few yards away from Paul. Tori's eyes met the goofy face of Quil who placed his hands on her waist bravely, pulling her closer with a smirk on his lips. Tori felt uncomfortable at the close proximity, putting her hands on his chest and gently pushing him away.

"Come on Tori, have a little fun." He pulled her closer, digging his fingers into her hips. Tori frowned instantly, her movements stopping as she shoved him away a little harder, successfully pushing him away.

"I was having fun." Tori seethed through clenched teeth, crossing her arms in discomfort. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder and looked to her left, seeing Paul with a frighteningly stern expression on his face.

"Why don't you take your "fun" else where Quil before I-"

"Thankyou Paul wow yeah I think he got the memo." Tori quickly interjected, sighing in relief as Quil more of less ran away from the pair. She wrapped her arms around Paul's waist, squeezing him tightly.

"I forgot you were like right, behind us." She chuckled to herself as he wrapped her arms around her shoulder. His shoulders relaxed from their tense state when he heard knew she was okay.

"Pffft that boy has some nerve..." He grumbled, looking down at the girl in concern. Tori poked his cheek, laughing as he raised an eyebrow.

"Thanks for looking out for me." Paul smiled, "I always will Tee."