||03||

'We were raised under grey skies' - JP Cooper

I recommend listening to this song whilst reading but of course, you don't have to :)

Light footsteps and a vanilla scent followed Tori as she carelessly walked through the forest that night

Light footsteps and a vanilla scent followed Tori as she carelessly walked through the forest that night. Paul had picked her up from school and dropped her home, promising to see her tomorrow before driving off. With not much else to do then wander around the forest, Tori hummed a tune as she went along. The wind brushed against her bare legs and rippled through her hair harshly, causing her to grab her locks and tie them up into a messy ponytail before continuing on.

"We were raised under grey skies, though you'll never hear us complain." Tori sang softly, hopping over a fallen tree effortlessly.

"So I found a thousand spring times in her eyes, and I learned to play games in the rain" Her hand brushed against the bark of a tree as she passed. She hummed as she stood at the base of a large tree, her eyes quickly analysing the best branches before she backed up. In a blink of an eye. Tori had sprinted towards the tree, climbed up the trunk and was pulling herself up a large branch. Her back rested against the trunk whilst her legs stretched along the branch, crossed at the ankles.

"I find the touch of your hand in the breeze, and the light of your smile in sun rays." Tori smiled as she reached her hand outwards. "You should know I hear the sound of your voice in music, so I speak with you everyday." Her smile turned into a slight frown, her eyes glossing over as she leant her head back against the tree.

Tori's shoulders tensed suddenly as she felt the feeling of someone, something watching her. Tori closed her eyes as the warm sensation flooded her nerves as she focused on the noises around her. Similar to how you skim through songs on a playlist, Tori skimmed past noises such as leaves brushing against each other and birds in the distance, and focused on the faint sound of thin-fabric brushing against a tree.

Tori's eyes remained closed as she enhanced her hearing, not wanting to display her abnormal gold glowing eyes.

"You know, It's a little strange to watch someone... alone... in the middle of the forest." Tori's angelic voice spoke softly, not an inkling of fear present in her posture. She tilted her head to the side, her eyes remaining closed and her head still resting against the tree comfortably.

The said intruder, peered around the tree, entranced by the beautiful girl who carelessly sat in the middle of the forest. He had been out in the woods hoping to hunt when he heard it; The most angelic and delicately soft voice in the heart of the forest; any pass-byer would've thought this voice could only belong to the mother of nature. Following the voice through the thick canopy of trees, he jumped from tree to tree, landing on the ground soundlessly when the source of the singing was only metres away. The intruder strangely didn't feel the hunger he usually felt around a person, even though he could hear the steady, rhythmic beat of her heart.

"Or to completely ignore them.." Tori's voice trailed off, startling the intruder out of their trance. A playful smile rest upon her face as she hopped down from the tree, landing on her feet perfectly. Jasper gasped as he watched her, confused and intrigued as to how she'd dropped from at least 6 feet without an injury, or how she'd even got up there in the first place.

Tori began walking back the way she came, her back facing Jasper. It wasn't that she was scared of the unknown person, she knew for certain a cold-one was present. She couldn't hear the thumping of their heart or their steady breathing. She left purely so she could avoid confrontation with them about who she was. Another doubt that crossed her mind the moment she realised it was a cold one was the thought that she may not be welcome here. Tori had wondered quite far away from the tribes territory and wasn't sure if the vamps would appreciate someone as close to the pack as she was, on their land.

Tori paused, looking over she shoulder as she heard the slight rustle of movement. She made sure to keep her gold eyes hidden as she spoke, " I'm sure we'll meet again."

Jasper watched as she smiled before walking onwards, his mind in a haze as she sauntered through the thick forest floor and out of sight...