||20||

"I feel a cold rush going through my hair, and hey you know what? I don't even care?"
-Let the sunshine by Labrinth

"I feel a cold rush going through my hair, and hey you know what? I don't even care?"-Let the sunshine by Labrinth

"It's so cute and cosy, with the best view."

"For sure. You step off the porch and boom - you're on the beach. You would've loved it this morning especially coz you don't like the weather here much." The girls giggled after their rant. Bella smiled at the girls, imagining the cute beach house surrounded by forests. She was kind of sad she'd missed it, it sounded perfect and she would be lying if she said the brown-skinned girl didn't intrigue her. She was on her own little wave yet her life intertwined with so many interesting characters; the Cullens, the reservation residents, Fork's residents. The girl was everywhere and... nowhere.

"She's not here." Angela's voice snapped Bella out of her thoughts. She turned to face the girl, confused. "She made breakfast for us this morning then dropped us off here. She's at the Rez school today." Bella nodded, it made sense. There wasn't an exact schedule for when Tori was around, she either showed up or didn't. That wasn't what had her confused though. It was the Cullens. They were always in school, apart from that trip Edward had taken out of town a few weeks back, but today the whole family hadn't showed up. Bella absentmindedly searched the area, eyes skimming over many students, but not him.

"He's not here either." Jessica broke the silence. Bella glanced behind her at the girl casually sun-bathing on the picnic bench. "Whenever the weather's nice the Cullens disappear." Bella's eyebrows furrowed as she shifted round the face the girl, "They just... ditch?"

Jessica shook her head, "No, Dr Cullen and Mrs Cullen yank 'em out for hiking and camping and stuff. I tried the idea out on my parents." Jessica's lips pulled into a grimace, "Not even close." Bella didn't respond, letting the new information sink in. They stood out from the crowd like a sore thumb, it was strange...

 They stood out from the crowd like a sore thumb, it was strange

Today was a strange day. The moment the Octavian had woke up, she'd felt like the earth had shifted on it's axis, everything felt off. She wasn't sure if it had anything to do with her waking up to someone in her bed that morning, or having to clean pancake mixture off the walls at 7am. Maybe it was the fact she was walking through the forest at nine in the morning rather than being at school. Tori almost laughed at the thought, she was more or less scolding herself for not attending school like she hadn't received lifetimes of education. But, public appearances had to be kept.