||05||

"When my head goes in different directions, you know my heart's never on the move.

And in the dark times, you don't have to question,
If I'm a hundred with you."

- Ocean by Martin Garrix, Khalid

Tori's POV:

The cloudy sky really didn't surprise me as I walked out of school. The strong breeze made me pull my jumper tighter around me as I pulled my bag higher up my shoulder. I searched the car park, noticing the cold-ones stood beside their car and jeep. Edward was speaking to one of the girls from Angela's table, the couple were closely pressed together, talking quietly among themselves and the spikey-haired girl was chatting enthusiastically in front of Jasper, her back  facing me and her arms flying about drastically. My eyes travelled up to Jasper's face, watching as he looked away from his friend, behind her to look directly at me without even blinking. I blinked in surprise before offering a smile his way. He smiled back almost immediately, lowering his head in a nod mimicking a cowboy with a hat.

"Alright, cowboy." I muttered under my breath, laughing as his smile turned into an eye-crinkling grin. The pixie-haired girl turned to me and smiled in surprise, waving at me. I waved back just before I heard the familiar sound of Paul's truck. Paul carelessly spun the truck around, a few metres away from me. I couldn't stop myself from grinning as he pulled the car to a stop; one hand on the wheel, his other arm rested against the open-windowed door, a goofy smile on his face.

"B-Bye Tori", My eyes snapped to the voice belonging to Angela. I smiled as I waved bye back, walking towards the truck.

"Dork." I muttered. He laughed as he looked around the car park at all the other students mingling around. "How was your day?" I asked as I opened the trunk to dump my stuff inside knowing he could hear me.

"Just patrol with the boys, nothing exciting." He replied in a bored tone making me roll my eyes.

"Well you should let me join sometime soon, I'm kinda missing it." I slammed the trunk down, walking to the passenger side. Before I could grab the handle, the door swung open. Paul scoffed as I hopped in, "Yeah if you can keep up shorty." I snorted unattractively, punching him in the arm with a glare.

"How was your day anyway?" Paul askes as I buckled myself in. "Well I met a few new people today, friends and teachers."

"Like who?" I pointed to Mike, Eric and Ty. I then pointed to a few other students before pointing to the Cold-ones. Paul blinks in surprise, he doesn't say anything as he slams on the gas causing my head to smack against the seat. I yelped in surprise, eyes widen as we sped out of the parking lot and down the road in a hurry.

"W-what the... what the fuck Paul!" I yelled, looking over at his stern face.

"I know what they ar-"  "Then you have no excuse as to why you were even talking to them in the first place!" He exclaimed, his hands clenching the wheel. It never failed to amaze me how quick his mood could change.