(𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎-𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

F/N STARED AT HERSELF IN THE MIRROR FOR WHAT FELT LIKE HOURS. She was wearing formal attire. A two-piece black dress with another layer of a longer translucent one with long sleeves and small black dots on top of it.

To top it off, she had black heels on and her hair was neatly tamed. F/n clenched her teeth, brows furrowing slightly at the sight of her reflection before a shouting voice called out from downstairs, snapping her away from her daydream.

"F/n! Don't take too long!"

She heaved out a heavy sigh through her nose, looking back at the mirror before snatching the purse from her desk. F/n placed it over her shoulder as she hurried down the stairs.

Her mother glanced at her before giving her a smile as she moved aside, showing her the phone that was placed on the counter with a video of her grandmother.

"Your grandmother wanted to see you," she said and the girl clenched her teeth as she stared at the moving image of the old woman.

"You look beautiful, dear."

"Thank you," F/n muttered quietly, hoping that the microphone had picked up her voice as she did not want to repeat what she had just said.

But her mother gave her a look that urged her to speak louder regardless.

"You know how great power comes with great responsibility, right?" she then asked.

"Yes, grandma."

Her grandmother gazed at her for a moment then sighed.

"Please make good choices, F/n," was all that she said before F/n glanced away from the phone and at her mother who gave her a look of slight disappointment.

F/n and her grandmother never got along well as the elder woman had always viewed her differently from her other cousins. She never knew why and she hoped she never did.

But she did and when she found out, she was so frustrated to the point where she didn't even care if she appeared disrespectful in front of the person who gave birth to her father and that if it wasn't for her, she wouldn't have been alive.

"F/n," her mother's voice snapped her out of her daze, "You know you shouldn't act that way."

"Then how should I act?" she shot back, stomping towards the door with an upset look.

The woman stayed quiet, staring at her with a blank look that made the younger girl feel guilty. She murmured out a quiet 'sorry', causing her mother to sigh defeatedly.