three.

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter three.

HUNTER WASN'T QUITE SURE what she had just walked into as she halted, stopping at the top of the steps of the firehouse with confusion running through her. She had just finished working out, taking advantage of the first floor gym the station had before dinner. Sweat still sat at the base of her neck as she stood uncomfortable in her uniform, wishing she had kept her shorts and simple LAFD shirt on.

Hen quickly looked across the room, finding Hunter's gaze and quickly shaking her head as if to tell that blonde that something was wrong. In the kitchen, only a few feet away from Hen, stood their captain and Chimney, staring each other down. Tension ran thick, that much was notable for the Callahan even as she stood away from the others.

Hunter thought about turning around, walking down the steps she had just traveled and dealing with Buck who was downstairs, rather than watching the scene in front of her unfold. Within a second, she had decided against that idea. After the last shift, the one in which her captain had all but forced her to confront the Buckley man about his feelings around losing Devon, the two blonds resumed bickering to no end- much to the displeasure of the other firefighters around them.

In a moment of haste, one that Buck would never admit to, he had tried to google the Callahan in hopes of finding something- anything- about her. Buck couldn't stand leaving things unknown, he absolutely hated being left in the dark and the secrecy that Hunter carried with her bothered him to no end. So, after Bobby refused to divulge any information on the blonde to him, he had taken to the internet.

His research had led him to two particular things. First and foremost, Hunter Callahan seemed to be a legend in her own right within the marines. He couldn't make sense of most of the published documents, nor did he understand the prestigiousness of the two awards she had been granted. That singular discovery had left Buck with even more questions that he had begun with.

Secondly, he had realized that other than what had been related to the military, Hunter Callahan simply did not exist. No trace of a facebook or any other social media- not even a decade old pinterest account in her name, Buck had looked. She was best described as a ghost online and that bothered Buck, it prevented him from diving into her life any further and that greatly hindered his plans.