fifteen

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter fifteen.

"A BOUNCER AT A STRIP CLUB," was the first thing Hunter heard when she entered the upstairs of the station 118's firehouse

"What did I just walk in on?"

"Oh Calla!" Buck said, "if you weren't doing this, what would you be?"

"Ooo," she gasped excitedly, "an assassin!"

"What is wrong with you?" Buck asked her with a disappointed shake of her head before letting his smile drop.

"I used to shoot people for a living," Hunter shrugged, "What's wrong with you, Buckley? You seem down, darlin."

"Just traffic sucks in this town unless you're driving ten tons of engine with sirens," he said as he leant up again the counter, "It took me almost two hours to get from Abby's place to the call center downtown, then back over here."

"Tell Maddie she needs to start Ubering," Hunter suggested. She had yet to meet the older Buckley but hoped it would happen soon.

"How's your sister settling in down there?" Hen asked.

"Well, she's a Buckley. Practically running the place," buck said, completely serious causing the others groan at his cockiness. Hunter left to find Eddie, he had mentioned something last shift about need her help working on the engine truck and she would rather do that than hang around the other blond in the firehouse.

Eddie was underneath the engine truck while Hunter stood on the grill reaching in. The deep vibrations that radiated through the earth caught her off guard as she tried to steady herself. The woman had never before experienced an earthquake. She watched as Eddie rolled from underneath the truck, no control over himself as he kept going. Hunter jumped down, legs still unstable from the shock as she went after him trying to keep her head low. Finally reaching him, she pulled him up from underneath the arms, wrapping herself around him as she tried to keep both of them stable.