thirty

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter thirty.

HUNTER LAID ON THE COUCH aughing with Eddie

HUNTER LAID ON THE COUCH aughing with Eddie. They had just gotten back from a call where a man had gotten is hair caught up in the engine block around the fan. Hunter was smart enough to have always worn her hair up when working on cars or trucks. His bitter wife - fourth wife - really made Hunter's day though. She understood where the man was coming from, if she had to choose between a man and her truck, she'd choose her truck.

Eddie however had grown past the topic, lost in his own thoughts before he had suddenly asked, "Do you think LA is best for Christopher?"

Hunter furrowed her eyebrows at the question, wondering where it had come from, "Of course it is, he loves it here."

"See that's what I thought, but all his families in Texas."

Hunter scoffed lightly, "All my family is in Texas and I would kill to never go there. Besides, your grandma and aunt are here too. All Chris really needs is you anyways."

"That's what I said. Yeah, it's just," Eddie paused trying to find the words, "my dad thinks I can't provide for him-"

"Fuck that," Hunter grimaced with a frown, "from what I hear, that man hardly provided for you. Putting food on the table isn't as important as love - and you are getting both done."

Eddie shook his head lightly with a scowl, going to say something but was interrupted by the bell. "we're finishing this later," Hunter told him as she ran to the ladder truck as Eddie made his way to the engine truck.

The blonde jumped in the ladder truck sitting behind Buck who was in the front seat. She adjusted her LAFD pullover before grabbing her headset while the 118 rolled out of the firehouse.

"118, 118, this is Dispatch. Got Bobby Nash on the line. He says it's important," Hunter heard over the radio. She furrowed her eyebrows, turning to look at Buck in the front seat who was just as confused.

"Dispatch, please repeat," She heard Chimney call over the headset.

Hunter felt herself jolt. The ever-so familiar ringing in her ears as her body collided with the ground. She wasn't quite sure what had happened, her vision was blurry and it hurt to move her head but she could faintly make out a ladder truck on its side, smoke emitting.