forty nine

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter forty nine.

Hunter stood next to her friends as she stared up at the hundred of feet worth of scaffolding and towers on top of the mall

Hunter stood next to her friends as she stared up at the hundred of feet worth of scaffolding and towers on top of the mall. More importantly, they all stared at the girl who clung to the edge of it.

"Hunt, you up for an intervention?" Cap asked looking over at the girl who nodded. Hunter quickly ran to the engine truck and grabbed her harness along with a rope.

"Fill me in on the way up," she called to Athena and Bobby. The Sargent nodded, waving her off in a hurry.

"Be careful," Bobby said with a pointed looked, "I'm serious."

Hunter scoffed, "Please cap, only the good die young. If a meteor strikes Earth tonight, it's me and the cockroaches running this motherfucker tomorrow—"

"Hunt," she heard her captain call with a sigh as Eddie tried to hide his laugh, "Hen, GSW in the second floor, East restroom."

Finding the stairs that led to the rough was easy enough, it was the running up the multiple flights that took it out of her. She could faintly hear the footsteps of two others running after her, most likely Eddie and Buck.

"Hunter, you hear me?" She heard Athena's voice ring through her radio.

She slowed down slightly before answering, out of breath, "yes ma'am."

"Alright, girl is Sasha. Long story short, she went to the cops to turn a man in for rape. His girlfriend didn't like that and came here to beat her up. One had a gun, Sasha took it and shot one of the friends — self defense and she doesn't have it anymore."

"Got it," she answered back as she opened the door to the roof, it took a little bit of pushing but it finally budged.

"Hunt?" She heard her captain call out, "be careful."

Hunter groaned, looking around at all the possible different stairs she would have to choose between. She took the set that looked like it led the highest before responding to her captain, "yes sir, always am."